[FIXED] [CD] Pets won't age up, even with treat on home lot

by Sm00re1

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Kitten won't age up, even with treat on home lot

★★★ Apprentice

My sim adopted a kitten. She then got engaged. That relationship fell apart. She met someone new. They got together, got engaged, got married, had a daughter. The daughter is now a teen, her husband is dead and she is an adult. The kitten is still a kitten. I've tried the treat but nothing happened.

Message 41 of 100 (1,998 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've noticed this issue as well. It seems to only affect kittens. I adopted both a kitten and a puppy close to the same time. My sims have all aged up and so has the dog, but the kitten is still a baby.

Message 42 of 100 (1,966 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Having the same issue on Xbox.

Message 43 of 100 (1,957 Views)

Sims 4 Pets not aging naturally or with treat from vet.

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Latest patch/version
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except tiny living, journey to batuu, and snowy escape.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have an animal, and wait for them to age or try with the treat from the vet- doesn't work.
What happens when the bug occurs? Pets don't age naturally or via age up treat
What do you expect to see? Pets age as per the lifespan given or treat given.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest patch fairly certain noticed my kitten/puppies were not aging and tried at the vet and didn't work. Then tried on home lot and didn't work.

Message 44 of 100 (1,919 Views)

KITTENS not aging up using Treats

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? current updated not sure which number
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and dogs, seasons, go to work, city living, university, first pet, laundry day, island living, outdoor retreat, realm of magic, journey to batuu.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Specifically Kittens are not aging up using the Age up treat, Tried it on adult dog, and aging up a human sim and it worked. specifically when trying to age up a KITTEN.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing, it acts like its a regular treat, not an age up treat..
What do you expect to see? Then turning to Adult Cat.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. last patch

Last patch notes says aging was fixed but it doesnt seem to be for Kittens in my case. Tried, repairing clearing cache and all that and nothing worked. 

Message 45 of 100 (1,921 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Sierrakristine update: My kitten aged up on it's own just wayyy late. I never tried giving it an age up treat, and just left it alone. It finally aged up to an adult after the dog that I got as a puppy around the same time as my kitten had died of old age as well as one of my sims. So it took about two human/dog age up cycles to age up from kitten to adult.
Message 46 of 100 (1,860 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Just gave this a shot myself and sure enough it didn't work. I don't play with aging on at all so I was counting on using treats. Is there any way I can age my kitten up at all? Like, cheats or something? Just remembered I can do it in CAS, lol.

Message 47 of 100 (1,649 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Kitten won't age up, even with treat on home lot

★★★ Newbie
@chidoriaida Hi, sorry kinda new here i have the same problem and was just wondering how to manually age up my kitten.
Message 48 of 100 (1,598 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m having the same issue. But what I want to know is, after two months of reporting this, are they gonna fix this bug?? Cause it’s incredibly annoying. 

Message 49 of 100 (1,544 Views)

★★★★ Novice

After dealing with this for quite a while I logged in one day and 2 of the kittens aged up (however 1 who was born with them and the other kitten that was born like 3 or 4 Sim weeks ahead of them did not)

Then I moved my Sims to a new house in-game. As soon as they moved the 2 adults I'd adopted as strays that had stayed adults throughout an entire Sim 's life cycle finally aged up to elder and they died like 3 or 4 sim day slater, but I still have 2 kittens that haven't aged up (including 1 kitten that should have aged up way before 2 of the kittens who did age up).

Haven't played in a little over a week now but will see what happens later this weekend when I do.  Oh, and age up treats still don't work. 

Message 50 of 100 (1,540 Views)