by Sm00re1

Original Post

[OPEN] [CD] Pets won't age up, even with treat on home lot

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, and Holiday Celebration pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to age-up a kitten with an age-up treat.
What happens when the bug occurs? The kitten can eat as many as she wants while on the home lot and nothing happens. It's like giving her a normal treat.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my cat age up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've fed my kitten seven age-up treats to no avail. I've waited overnight (in-game) and still, nothing has changed. She is still a kitten.Yes, they were on the home lot.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, adjusted title

Message 1 of 81 (21,905 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Kitten won't age up, even with treat on home lot

Hero
@Sm00re1 Possibly related to the Sims not aging via birthday cake.

Leaving this separate for now.

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 81 (21,874 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'm having this exact same issue also.

Message 3 of 81 (21,846 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same and I went to vanilla game with no mods before this latest patch in prep for sliders coming for skin tones and new Snowy pack. I bought treats on different sim days. I also do not have aging on. I was going to open another version of this save and turn it on to see if that changes anything.

Message 4 of 81 (21,780 Views)

★★ Novice

Can you link me to the thread of this issue? Just noticed it minutes ago. I updated my game with the Nov 10 patch too, and have screen-tested all my mods (all fine), so I know it isn't it. 

Tried aging up two sims across different households with the birthday cake and the sims will get the birthday party moodlet but it just auto-resets itself. No aging up. 

Message 5 of 81 (21,743 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Somewhere earlier in this post someone said there’s a separate thread for the birthday cake not aging up problem that’s new. I didn’t try the turning aging on then trying age up treat yet because last night my game crashed/closed at the end of a great holiday. I forget I don’t have auto save without mods 😅 and lost progress of one Sim Day.

Message 6 of 81 (21,727 Views)

Hero
@AeliaM16Lake Sorry, I thought I put a link,

Sims not aging is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sim-doesn-t-age-up-by-blowing-out-candles/td-p/9716468/ju...

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 81 (21,712 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue. I added a kitten to a family for 5 sim days already and it is not aging up by itself. Usually it only takes 2-3 days. Tried the age up treat at home and at a commercial lot, kitten still won't age up. No cc or mods. My only solution is to go into CAS full edit mode to manually age up the kitten. 

Message 8 of 81 (21,684 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same issue. I have a kitten that I gave the age up treat several times but she won't age up. The game in which I play this kitten was created after the update because I had other issues as well and I was trying to see if a new game would fix it.

The strange thing is that within this game also have a dog (dog was added to the family last week, kitten only today) the dog aged up just fine. The dog was created in CAS, the kitten was adopted. 

Message 9 of 81 (21,571 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have had this issue since the 10 November 2020 patch. I have had a kitten out-live a sims entire life without aging, treats do not work either. I don't have any mods, have all expansions on PC and this happens 100%, the same as this person. 

Message 10 of 81 (21,500 Views)