Re: [OPEN] [CD] Pets won't age up, even with treat on home lot

by Marinuttonen

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Kitten won't age up, even with treat on home lot

★★ Novice

So obviously this is still an issue. I haven't played the the sims 4 a while, so to find this i was surprised. I have no issue aging up my sims with a birthday cake. I can tell with personal testing that this bug only affects cats of all ages. Please this has nothing to do with the birthday cake thread. i tried this bug both with and without mods and thing has changed. my cat will not age with treats or at all. And I don't want to do it manually, because then i don't get the age up little animation. 

Message 71 of 100 (992 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Sm00re1Having the exact same issue. Age-up treats for cats just don't work at all. They have no effect.

Message 72 of 100 (971 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm having this issue too. Age-up treat not working

Yet age-down treat working, and the owner of the pet just aged up via chocolate cake. 

Message 73 of 100 (891 Views)

kitten won't age up

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover university, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, Get together, Get to work, Parenthood, Dine Out, Outdoor retreat Tiny living, My first pet, Laundry day, Toddler, Backyard, Cool Kitchen.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Can I fix this. Has anyone else had this and is there a patch to sort it. If i uninstall the pets expansion packs will i lose all my saved content. I've been working on the ultimate family and really don't want to lose my progress
What happens when the bug occurs? the kitten does not age, it remains a kitten. I've adopted a puppy and kitten together. the puppy aged and the kitten remained a kitten. I tried the age up treat from the vets and it stayed a kitten. I then adopted a 2nd kitten and gave it age up treats and still it wont age up.
What do you expect to see? I expected the kitten to age and become an adult cat
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

the kitten does not age, it remains a kitten. I've adopted a puppy and kitten together. the puppy aged and the kitten remained a kitten. I tried the age up treat from the vets and it stayed a kitten. I then adopted a 2nd kitten and gave it age up treats and still it wont age up.

Message 74 of 100 (1,225 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same issue.  I moved the kitten to a new family and she aged up a few seconds after getting there.

Message 75 of 100 (1,189 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Kitten won't age up, even with treat on home lot

★★★ Novice
@KilluhBeee Having same dumb isdue?
Message 76 of 100 (1,097 Views)

★★ Novice

February 25, 2021, approximately 3 months after first report, still having the same issue.

Message 77 of 100 (1,041 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

I have this issue with all kittens, and most small dogs. The dogs won't age up unless I close the game and relaunch, and kittens don't seem to age at all

Message 78 of 100 (1,035 Views)

Re: Puppies/Kittens Won't Auto-Age Up

★★★ Newbie

i don’t have any mods or cc on my computer but the kitten won’t age up won’t let me age up with treat and cannot manually age up in the edit sim section 

Message 79 of 100 (977 Views)

Re: Puppies/Kittens Won't Auto-Age Up

@katiekidney  I've merged your post with the master bug thread for this issue.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 80 of 100 (957 Views)