[OPEN] [CD] Pets resetting off/wandering off exam tables in vet career

by missdeefying

Original Post

Re: Vets Examination not working

Hero
@tigeress24689 Did you test if this works without mods installed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 61 of 73 (1,201 Views)

★★★ Novice

i did remove some of my mods that i thought could have been the problem, i did also see that a few other people are having this problem as well so I'm guessing its just a bug in the game

Message 62 of 73 (1,179 Views)

Hero
@tigeress24689 There is an issue where the pets just walk away but to be sure it's not a mod issue in your case, you should test without any of them.

Is this what you're seeing ?

- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TROUBLESHOOT-Pets-resetting-off-exam-tables-in-vet-career/td-p...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 63 of 73 (1,158 Views)

Re: Vet-Can't examine pet

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I have the same problem.
Message 64 of 73 (1,105 Views)

★ Novice
@crinrict Is there anything I can do about this? I'm having this issue. I'm very discouraged that this thread was started in 2017 :/
Message 65 of 73 (1,080 Views)

Hero
@peanutc427 Just try again. Usually it works after trying several times.

Do you have a reset or do they wander off ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 66 of 73 (1,062 Views)

Re: [TROUBLESHOOT] Pets resetting off exam tables in vet career

★★★ Newbie

Hi

I have the same issue. Almost every day; i will have a patient that doesn't stay on the exam table. Basically, immediately after the pet gets on the table, the table will automatically come diwn before i examine the pet. Then the pet gets off and starts running until eventually it jumps on the closest counter in the clinic.  I always try examining the pet again but the same thing happens over and over again. In order to move to the next patient (since i cant examine the previous one) i will have to dismiss the patient's owner which gets me a bad review. I noticed that this issue always happens when the pet is hungry (showing a baloon over its head of a pet bowl, while sitting on the counter) but i cant feed the pet since there is no such interaction between vets and pets. So i believe that the bug occurs when the pet is hungry since so far all pets that failed to stay on the table had the same baloon over their heads. Only once i managed to evebtually treat the patient by petting it and interacting with it but it took a while. 

Hope this helps 

Message 67 of 73 (1,036 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have a quick fix solution for this problem.

Lock the doors to the room for everyone except the staff, and get a pet door to the room. The owner won't be able to go in now.

Message 68 of 73 (843 Views)

★★ Guide

Over 5 years later I am still having this issue.

I'm a bit disappointed that EA still hasn't fixed old bugs like this one.

Message 69 of 73 (679 Views)

Pets Resetting off examine table and no longer able to examine pet.

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.94.147.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, Get To Work, Seasons, City Living, Get Famous, High School Years, Werewolves Game Pack, and Little Campers Kit.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When you open the vet and start examining pets.
What happens when the bug occurs? When you examine one to two pets, the pet will reset and get off the table and if you try to put the pet back on the table it won't pop open the examine menu again, and if you try to use the debug it won't even let you finish examining the pet.
What do you expect to see? I see the pet getting on the table and when I try to wait for the menu to pop up, the pet resets and gets off the table. And this bug just keeps happening every time I try to run the vet clinic.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I did this with and without mods, and it still keeps repeating it. And I just bought this pack, this never happened before with the other packs I have just Cats & Dogs. When I try to examine a pet, the pet immediately gets off the table and won't let me click on that pet to examine them. And this only happens once you open the vet and start examining pets, that's the only issue I am having from this pack.

Message 70 of 73 (665 Views)