[OPEN] [CD] Pets obsessed with fireplace

by Ancaryvan

Original Post

Dogs and fireplaces

★★★★★ Apprentice

All my dogs so far have been obsessed with fireplaces, when the fire is lit. It goes so far that they don't sleep at night, they keep hopping up and down next to the fireplace. When I put their sleeping pillow next to the fireplace, no matter how often I call them to sleep on it, they just don't. They have to be excited about the fireplace. The dogs only sleep if they are far, far away from the fireplace or when the fire is out. This really bothers me, as I want my dogs to sleep close to my people and I don't want to put out the fire each night so that the dog sleeps.

Message 21 of 37 (523 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Pets obsessed with fireplace

★★★★★ Apprentice

My dogs eat, but they don't sleep when there's a fireplace around. It is so annoying that I removed all fireplaces or went after my sims to put out the fire (unfortunately they always light the fire again). At least 3 of my dogs were obsessed with fire so that they would not come when called, not lay down on their pillow and not sleep all night, just hopping up and down next to the fireplace. I even placed their pillow in front of the fireplace so they would be close, but they refused to lay down there. This is a major issue and I'm stunned that it has been around for so long.

Message 22 of 37 (1,405 Views)

★★ Novice

Yup same - May 31, 2021 and my first time playing with cats in ages and all of a sudden they WILL NOT LEAVE THE FIREPLACE ALONE.  Unfortunately for me, I love fireplaces and have one in every room of my Sims house so this is super frustrating.

Come on EA - really? years after the initial bug was found and this still hasn't been resolved?

I should say, I usually play with dogs and have had no issue - then again, I did just DL the new update yesterday so could it be possibly related?

Message 23 of 37 (1,343 Views)

Dog wont sleep at night because of obsession.

★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.83.24.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By having a dog obsess with fireplaces. All your sims will be at sleep and can't get fully in third speed because the god dawm dog will jump of excitement in front of the fireplaces in the house, all night long, eventually being so tired and obsess with fireplaces, forgetting to eat like the other dogs, running away, or sometime forgetting to pee, even though she learned to pee outside, she will still be in needs of pee, staying inside. There are two type of fireplaces in the house, I did not check with others, but the small one from Cats and Dogs, and the large one from Cottage Living.
What happens when the bug occurs? Dog, continuously jump and bark at the fireplace because of excitement and dont go to sleep lile other dogs that usually follow our sims schedule. That dog end up, falling of exhaustion and forget the basic, nourish herself and go pee. Always in need or sad...
What do you expect to see? All dog, what ever they are, to follow the sims schedule night/sleep, so you can either enjoy on first speed calm/relaxing night, or jump into third speed and make the night quick. Also for the dog, to stop being in constant exhaustion etc...
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I will had more infos later, as I have two dogs in that house and only one seems affected by that, but its proper to on obsession, so I don't know if traits could help or the breed? Its a portugueuse water dog and I will get the traits later, cant remember just now. Its an elder dog, but I don't remember if she was doing it also when she was adult.

Message 24 of 37 (1,282 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 25 of 37 (1,222 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I have this issue, saved in a file on google drive. I don't want to share the link publicly, but also don't know how to send you a DM, the system says I don't have permission, even though I'm logged in.

Message 26 of 37 (1,018 Views)

Cat Glitch or Fireplace Glitch

★★★ Novice

I've noticed that my pet seems so fascinated with the fireplace that it willingly sits in front of the fireplace ALL day. I literally have to disable the auto-light feature on the upgraded fireplace or put it out to get the cat to move. I constantly have to call the pet to the food bowl to eat while there's food in the bowl. I have no mods either to cause such an issue and I wonder if it is just me or have other people noticed this issue?

Message 27 of 37 (645 Views)

Re: Cat Glitch or Fireplace Glitch

Hero
@WijiHoshi I merged your post with the bug report on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 28 of 37 (608 Views)

EA Sims Team

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Hello.

Just letting you know we no longer need saves for this issue.  The team will investigate.  Thank you.

Message 29 of 37 (2,942 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have been experiencing this glitch with each of my save families with cats. They will not leave the fireplace alone, they won’t eat even when the bowl is full and spin in circles. 

Message 30 of 37 (449 Views)