[FIXED] [CD] Pets needs are not filled/sick while playing another household

by mh4515

Original Post

Re: [UNSURE] [CD] Pets needs are not filled while playing another household

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hi there @simvasion @Lumiasta!

Thank you very much for taking the time to send us your files, this will help us a lot Standard smile  

Message 11 of 68 (2,829 Views)

★★★ Novice

i have the same problem!

every pet is running around hungry, very sleepy, stinky and sometimes even sick! 

if i switch between my households the first thing i have to do is bath all my dogs and call everyone to eat because they are a complete mess Frown 

it also happens with households i dont play at all.  i really dont like seeing all this sad pets walking around  :/ 

Message 12 of 68 (2,794 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I've seen this same issue in my game as well, notably two unplayed households so far are not properly taking care of their pets and they're getting sick and nowhere close to getting better.

Message 13 of 68 (2,753 Views)

Re: NPCs not taking care of their needs

★ Guide

This happens to me too, but with pets! If there is a pet in the world that has an owner, they are either dirty or they fall on the floor because they need to see a vet, or both! But the strays are clean and don't seem to have anything wrong with them! 

* In the pictures, the cat is the stray and the dog is not! *

Message 14 of 68 (2,712 Views)

Hero

@LadyAelswith

moved yours over to the pets thread for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 68 (2,706 Views)

EA Staff

Hi there!

We've been unable to reproduce this so far, even using the saves provided. We noticed that all saves provided seemed to have been using a good amount of CC/Mods. Is this issue only occurring for people that were originally playing their save with CC/Mods? Has anyone ever seen this from a save game that has always been completely mod-free?

Thank you very much!

Message 16 of 68 (2,659 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Hello, and thank you for your support.

I had a save which I used to reproduce the issue back in Nov. I unloaded the mods, started a new game, played with a household for a (sim) day, saved and then started playing a household which has pets. In this case the Lynx Family. All her cats had low needs.

Message 17 of 68 (2,616 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I have this constantly happening on my save games that don't have mods/cc on them. Pets haven't been taken care of properly ever since I got C&D on preorder when it came out.

Message 18 of 68 (2,558 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I don't use any mods and all the dogs in my neighbourhood are dirty too. Sims are constantly waving their hand in front of their faces because of the stink. I created nice and fun looking mix breed dogs but they all show up smudgy and dirty in the park on on other community lots... Pets at the vet are often dirty too, in spite of not being strays.

Message 19 of 68 (2,515 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey so I just took all the mods off my game, restarted sims and created a new house. I stayed at home and play with my new dog for 48hrs (in game...obvs), leaving him in perfect health and then switched to a new household for 48hrs. Then I returned to my dog and he was filthy and hungry....tried it again for 24hrs, same results, no mods/cc. I tried it a few times with less time in between and my dog was fine so its seems you need at least 24hrs for the bug to happen.....

Message 20 of 68 (2,470 Views)