Re: [OPEN] [CD] Pets needs are not filled while playing another household

by tcikes

Original Post

[OPEN] Pet is ALWAYS neglected in unplayed household

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Get Together
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Create 2 households with pets in each of them. 2. Place both of the households in the same game file so both of them are playable and can switch between them when going to Manage Worlds. 3. Play as one of the households normally for a while. 4. After a few in-game days, switch control to the other household in the world. 5. Check status of unplayed household's pet.
What happens when the bug occurs? I switch control between two households in the same game file every now and then. Both households have pets. When I play as one household for a few in-game days, and then switch to the other household, the pet is neglected (not fed, not bathed, pees/poops in the house).
What do you expect to see? The pet(s) in the household that isn't currently being taken control of should autonomously take care of the pet instead of neglecting it/them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I really love the Cats & Dogs expansion pack, but it makes me not want to have multiple played households in one save file because if I play as one household, I know that the pet in the temporarily not-played household will just neglect their pet with the possibility of them being taken away.

Message 21 of 68 (1,850 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Pet is ALWAYS neglected in unplayed household

Hero
@TheRantingPanda Merged your post with existing report

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 68 (1,835 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Pet is ALWAYS neglected in unplayed household

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@crinrict Thank ya!

Message 23 of 68 (1,829 Views)

★★★ Novice

Could we please reopen this case and get a fix for it? I really want to play Cats & Dogs but it's SO HEARTBREAKING seeing all these pets in distress. Strays make sense, but this pertains to household pets as well, the households you aren't currently playing, primarily dogs in my game. They're all running around with bowls, whining and begging for you to fill them in public areas, they're dirty and sick even though they have families who should take care of them. I can't play it because of this, it breaks my heart. 

Message 24 of 68 (1,716 Views)

Hero
It's still an open issue.

You can usually tell by the tag on the first post. If it says OPEN, then it's an open bug.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 68 (1,710 Views)

★★★ Novice
Okay, open was the wrong choice of words, but what's the progress on this? Is it still a "we can't find the issue"-thing?
Message 26 of 68 (1,695 Views)

Hero
@Ellowyn I don't really know the current status but if you have a save to provide and send to QA, I'm sure it's still helpful.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 68 (1,684 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] [CD] Pets needs are not filled while playing another household

★★★ Apprentice

I'm having this issue aswell. All of my non-active households are neglecting their pets while playing with another family. I'm not using any mods in my game.

I send my savefiles @SimGuruIcarus 

Message 28 of 68 (1,660 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I really hope this gets fixed soon as it's bordering on unplayable for me. Every household I load their pets are sick and dirty by default. I have never used any mods or CC for this game.

Message 29 of 68 (1,616 Views)

Re: NPCs not taking care of their needs

★★★★ Novice

Hi, I'm still having this issue, I hope I did this right, but here's my save file if you're still needing them. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuhY2VKtmxnhgQEdCQswlAu7R71z

Message 30 of 68 (1,522 Views)