Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CD] Pets needs are not filled/sick while playing another household

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? pets patch
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All that has been released except the toddlers pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load any household that has pets after you have played with another household for a (sim) day. The sims needs will be filled, the pets needs will not.
What happens when the bug occurs? When you load another household pets are often tired or they are starving, when they spawn with autonomous sims they are often dirty or sick.
What do you expect to see? Pets needs need to be filled and negative moodlets such as diseases need to be removed when you are loading another household and when they are used autonomously, such as spawned with other sims when taking a walk.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

A common bug with sims was that their needs was not filled properly when you started playing another household, or when the game spawned them as autonomous sims. This is something that Maxis has fixed with previous patches, however this problem is very apparent with the pets. When you load another household pets are often tired or they are starving, when they spawn with autonomous sims they are often dirty or sick.

Message 1 of 68 (8,810 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [UNSURE] [CD] Pets needs are not filled while playing another household

Hero

Fixed an issue that made Pets’ needs to not be fulfilled if not playing an active household.

Fixed in Patch 1.63.133/ Console 1.25

Please create a new thread if there's still any variation of this out there

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 68 of 68 (6,153 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Re: [TO TEST] [CD] Pets needs are not filled while playing another household

Champion

Haven't played that much since I got Cats and Dogs, but have just started noticing something like this happening.

I was playing as Moira Fyres visiting Magnolia Park in Willow Creek, and the game had summoned Supriya Delgato and her dog Blue as NPC visitors. Blue showed up all unhappy, filthy with green stink and with apparently fleas on top of that.

Pets needs don't seem to be refreshed while I'm not playing as the owners. Or at least their hygiene needs aren't being refreshed when they arrive autonomously as NPCs visiting a lot.

blue.jpg

Message 2 of 68 (8,644 Views)

★★ Guide

Same thing happens in my game. All the pets coming to the vet clinic are always dirty, hungry and sad. I think they get sick from being mistreated. I sort of understand that with the vet clinic, maybe that's needed for them to get sick, after all, but you can see it around in the world, too. Sims go on walk with completely dirty dogs, the dog park is full of hungry, dirty dogs (regardless if they are strays or there with their owners) and if you go and visit another household who has pets, the first thing you need to do is take care of their pets: fill their bowls, take doggies out for pee, wash and brush and pet.

Surely we're not meant to care for the whole game's pets from our played household, or to juggle every other day around to make sure everyone is taken care of. Something is off, and should be code-fixed.

Message 3 of 68 (8,622 Views)

Hero

Added to inconclusive list for now.

Could be two issues here and why should strays not be sick and dirty ? They are strays.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 68 (8,596 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @mh4515 @Lumiasta @simvasion

Would any of you be willing to send your save files?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

That would help us a lot, we are trying to reproduce your issue!.

Thank you very much!

Message 5 of 68 (8,551 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I first uploaded a dropbox file, but now have replaced it with a OneDrive one:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Atqb2GgvE2rEccfVoSJXB2vetbQ

Sorry for the confusion!

In all honesty, it's been better for a while again, made me dubious if I even had the issue anymore, but then logged on a household I had recently created with pets and hadn't played at all, and the pets were dirty and unhappy. I got them washed and moved into a big lot that I arranged as a Stray Hangout and although not all strays were consistently dirty, there was still enough sick and dirty ones to convince me that maybe you could get some use out of the save, after all.

Message 6 of 68 (8,508 Views)

Champion

I uploaded my save file using the Box widget.

I've noticed that it seems to affect mainly dogs visiting community lots with their owners. I've seen cats on community lots, but they don't seem to have low hygiene needs like the dogs have.

Message 7 of 68 (8,498 Views)

Hero

@Lumiasta

No, dropbox is not supported. Either box (with the widget) or oneDrive

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 68 (8,486 Views)

★★ Guide

Thank you, edited my reply with a OneDrive file link now.

Message 9 of 68 (8,470 Views)

Hero

Added to inconclusive list for now

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 68 (8,442 Views)