[OPEN] [CD] Pets Constantly Interrupts Sims to be Pet

by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Pets Constantly Interrupts Sims to be Pet

★ Novice

This has been happening for me on PC, it’s quite annoying. My sim sits down to eat and the pet constantly is interrupting the task.

Message 11 of 16 (856 Views)

Champion

This has happened to all of my pet owning Sims ever since adding cats and dogs. I actually thought it was a feature but it's super irritating. It's usually during meals. The Sim stops eating (and it's hard enough to get them to sit down to eat as it is) they stand up and say "caloo" and dance with the pet, then stay stood up and finish their meal.

While doing other tasks, in the queue the pet's faces pop up saying "kiss" and I delete them when I see it pop up before they're interrupted again.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 12 of 16 (829 Views)

★★ Novice
@simsplayer818 This keeps happening to me and I just got CD (i just started playing sims 4 again) ive been reading older posts and although its not as bad as before, it can still get annoying.. ~sigh~ still love my cat though. Wish there was a fix to this.
Message 13 of 16 (799 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

This is very annoying combined with all the other bugs that make sims drop what they're doing and empty their action queues. I really like having pets but.. It's too much micromanaging because we constantly have to check on every sim because they stop doing stuff just to pet cats. Especially in the morning when they stop eating breakfast and go to work hungry because their pet interrupted them yet again..

Message 14 of 16 (705 Views)

★★★ Guide

I play on PC and I saw this the most in one particular household. They released a patch that supposedly fixed it but it seemed that if you had that problem on a certain lot and you were still on that lot after the fix, it would not work. Example: I was on a lot in Newcrest and my dog would fill my action queue with "Pet". After the patch it made it happen a lot less, but because I kept that family on the same lot it still happens. I thought getting them a new house would make it go away, but it's the lot that is the problem. I guess you can try moving your family to a different lot and see if that helps.

Message 15 of 16 (645 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@PoptartJuniper YEAH... I have a same issue... cant play with cats and dog because of that Frown(((((
Message 16 of 16 (381 Views)