Original Post

Highlighted

[OPEN] [CD] Pets Constantly Interrupts Sims to be Pet

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.14
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Toddler Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Cat. Have your sim sit down to do anything.
What happens when the bug occurs? As soon as my sim sits down to eat, use the computer, or even just arrives on the lot, the cat comes over and begs for attention. The "petting cat" appears in the sim queue and the sim will either cancel what they were doing immediately to pet the cat, but usually the cat has already run outdoors to do something else, or get up to pet the cat and never sit back down again to eat. Same thing happens at the TV or Computer. The "Petting Cat" interaction appears all the time and the Sims will drop their entire queued actions to pet the cat that's usually run off already. When the sim can't be interrupted, you can see the "Petting Cat" interaction popping into the queue and then dropping. The cat is a spayed elder with aloof, Free Spirit and Prowler traits.
What do you expect to see? A pet not constantly demanding attention and causing Sims to forget their queued actions multiple times a day.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This cat had been my favorite pet, but it is super obnoxious now. I don't know if it happened when she aged to an elder or if it's worse because it's winter in Brindle Bay and there are blizzards so she can't go out as much. Either way, my Sims don't need to be forgetting what they are supposed to be doing so many times a day to give her attention .

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 16 (3,928 Views)

Re: [PS4] Pets Constantly Interrupts Sims to be Pet

★★★ Apprentice

@PoptartJuniper Weird that this issue isn't more common (considering your post is from 2019 and no one answered it and so few me too'd it).

I'm having the same issue, but with dogs (I haven't tested with cats). The dog interrupts the sim all day long, whining to be pet. Same thing happens as you describe.

This makes playing with pets a big "nope" for me. The sim gets up from the table while eating, at least 1 or 2 times to pet the dog. Sometimes they even stop the eat-action completely..

Message 2 of 16 (3,723 Views)

★★★★ Guide

This happens on PC too. All the time. Sims stop what they are doing just to pet the dog - or cat. It feels like I have to monitor them and cancel out the "Petting X" interaction at all times. Not fun...

Message 3 of 16 (3,707 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Yes, self with autonomy off your not save from the petting dog/cat problem.

I just stop to play with pets in my vanilla game. In my other save I have a mod whos block this completely. If I want any autonomy from my sims then I would play with autonomy on. I think the team does not know what autonomy disable really means and is a shame we need mods for an true autonomy off.

Message 4 of 16 (3,698 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@ashleena123I love my Sim cats. What I have found works to keep them from interrupting Sims, at least when they're writing books (the Sims, that is, not the cats), is to queue up "tell story", "praise", and "talk to" interactions (not necessarily in that order) to keep the cats happy and give my Sims some social need fulfillment.

Those interactions don't involve my Sim getting up from the task, and the cat thought bubbles in response are somewhat amusing.

Message 5 of 16 (3,667 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Pets' needs are hidden, but they exist.  There are mods that will show you what they are (and I'm tempted, but haven't installed them). 

I think it depends on their traits.  Friendly, affectionate, loyal, etc. pets seem to have a higher social need.  Playful pets have a higher fun need.  Etc. 

Try playing with an aloof cat and see if that works better.

Message 6 of 16 (3,659 Views)

★★ Pro
@xochiquetzl_xkvn Oh yeah, by the time my Sim cats need fun, my Sim is in the mood to play with the laser pointer.
Message 7 of 16 (3,657 Views)

Re: [CD] Pets Constantly Interrupts Sims to be Pet

[ Edited ]
Champion

@PoptartJuniper Yes! This is why I stopped playing with cats in the game, which is upsetting.  I got CD maybe summer of 2020 and it wasn't like that at all but something changed around Fall or Winter of 2020.  It's true that IRL when my cat comes up to me crying for attention, I do usually stop to pet him but it doesn't happen as often as it does in the game.  It's like every few minutes sims will stop what they're doing to pet the cat that is crying.  I've almost always given the cats the aloof trait, as @xochiquetzl_xkvn suggested, and it still happens. 

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 8 of 16 (3,651 Views)

Re: [CD] Pets Constantly Interrupts Sims to be Pet

★★★★★ Apprentice

I swear I had this problem fixed but I cant remember how cause its been a while since I saw it happening but Since I  got Cottage Life It seems to be back in full force. 

Message 9 of 16 (3,359 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Pets Constantly Interrupts Sims to be Pet

★★ Guide

seeing this on XBone too.

I love my pets but this is too much.

Message 10 of 16 (3,325 Views)