Re: The Obstacle - platform isn't working

by Fischreuse

Original Post

Agility Course Issues Sims 4

★★★ Newbie

All of my dogs will go through only one obstacle on the course at a time. I have to individually click to command the dog to go through EVERY. SINGLE. Obstacle. I’ve tried rearranging the course and haven’t gotten anywhere 

Message 11 of 25 (1,810 Views)

Re: Agility Course Issues Sims 4

Hero

Hi @kwrezins 

this is a known bug

I merged your post with the current bug report on it.

Please click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 25 (1,786 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Pet doesn't complete obstacle course

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Same problem, even using the prefab course in the build section but the only pack i have is the cats and dogs.

Edit: after the newest patch (Dunno what number dunno how to check) the problem no longer occurs.

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 13 of 25 (1,697 Views)

★★ Novice
I am finding that if I remove specifically the object “Obstacle - Platform”, my dogs will complete course as expected. Can not get any dog to jump on the platform (either by Run Obstacle Course or Command to use), but cats will use platform successfully. Have tested with platform as only item on lot, with max training skill, with a variety of dog breeds.
Message 14 of 25 (1,570 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Yeah dogs can't use the obstacle platform. They complain about a routing failure when they try to use the platform.

Message 15 of 25 (1,545 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@areumsims 

I have tested in Pupperstone Park and in two builds that I had in my game where the obstacle course items previously were tested and worked. In all cases both my small and large dog have the 'x + footprint' 'blocked path/cannot use/cannot route' thought bubble when asked to use the platform.

My cat did jump up on it, though - probably to thumb her nose at the dogs. CatWink

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 16 of 25 (1,485 Views)

★ Apprentice

+1 to this, just bought the game, sad to see problems like this exist. Devil

Message 17 of 25 (1,450 Views)

The Obstacle - platform isn't working

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except the newest.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click on the Obstacle - Platform and select either "Command pet to use" or "Run Obstacle Course with pet".
What happens when the bug occurs? The dog walks up to the Obstacle - Platform but it doesn't jump up on it and when it you have the Platform in the Obstacle Course it never finishes the Obstacle Course but if you remove it everything works fine.
What do you expect to see? When trying to use the Obstacle - Platform the dog is supposed to do the action that it is supposed to do not just walk up to it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Nothing to add.

Message 18 of 25 (1,426 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Same problem is happening to me. The platform is not working with dogs. And the cats seem to have noticed it. My cat jumped on it and started staring at my dog with judgemental eyes. 

Message 19 of 25 (1,389 Views)

★★ Guide

I can confirm. The platform works for a long time not for dogs, big or small. The other obstacles work and the course will also go through - if no platform is set up. Otherwise the course will hang.

Message 20 of 25 (1,353 Views)