[OPEN] [CD] Pet cats can't use the litter boxes

by DragonAge_300905

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Pet cats can't use the litter boxes

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%), about 20 minutes into game play
What is your current game version number? not sure
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? cats and dogs, laundry day, realm of magic, tiny living, seasons, cottage living, outdoor retreat, eco life style, dream home decorator,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? it happens under most any circumstance, whether or not the cat goes off the property or stays home, it cant find the litter box despite there being multiple, clean, and accessible litter boxes

What happens when the bug occurs? The cat stays upset that it cant use the toilet then poops on the floor. I then have to save and exit and buy another litter box before the cat will recognize it.

What do you expect to see? For the cat to use the litter box.

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No, never

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 71 of 86 (1,324 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@cjbridgh This happens to me too, I wish they fixed it permanently. Seems like the problem keeps returning, I found two patches that were supposed to fix this years ago.
Message 72 of 86 (1,300 Views)

★★ Pro
@Lenifka I wish they'd do some kind of overhaul with Cats and Dogs and quite frankly all other critters. There's so many issues with strays and owned pets not eating or not using the litter box. But also Eco lifestyle bugs die too easily because nurturing them doesn't give them enough health (then again why should hugging some maggots do them any good in the first place..) and My first pet stuff rodents' food bowls can't be refilled until they're on the brink of starvation (so cruel!) I don't play as much with pets as I'd want to because I don't want the hassle of litter boxes breaking or pets not finding their food bowls.. :/
Message 73 of 86 (1,268 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@siirysiir I feel the same. It’s a shame really. I would like to buy more DLCs, but I’m affraid they’ll be buggy too. I expected kind of a perfect permormance considering when the base game came out and how old many expanions are. One would think they tried to make their game errorless. Especially for all the money gamers spend on all the different packs, they’re not exactly cheap when they’re not on sale. :-( Anyway, have a nice day, siirysiir! :-)
Message 74 of 86 (1,262 Views)

★★ Pro
@Lenifka I mean there will always be bugs, that's just how software development works but EA should allocate more resources to fixing bugs which should lead to older expansion packs (and game+stuff packs) being freed of this kind of bigger bugs that disrupt gameplay significantly. But I totally get you, I haven't bought Dream home decorator even though I'm interested in the pack because it's just too buggy now. You too have a nice day! Standard smile
Message 75 of 86 (1,255 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

My cat ran away because he couldn't use the litter box. I have a litter box he just won't use it for some reason. This is so frustrating.

It happens almost every time I have a cat. So annoying. I shouldn't have to move the litter box, exit the game, buy a bunch of litter boxes, etc. Make the game work 😂

Message 76 of 86 (1,183 Views)

Cat can’t find litter box

★ Novice

Whenever my sim’s cat needs to use the litter box it keeps saying there isn’t one on the lot even though there is. The adult cat reacts as if it’s a kitten and can’t go up the stairs. Even though it does to sleep in its bed

Message 77 of 86 (1,094 Views)

[CD] Cat perceives litterbox as dirty although it's clean

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.91.205.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Game expansions: Snow scape, City Living, Cats & dogs, Cottage Living, Seasons, Get to work, Get Famous. Game packs: Jungle adventure, Dine out, Dream Home Decorator, Strangerville, Real of Magic, STAR WARS. Stuff packs & Kits: Spooky Stuff, Paranormal, Toddlers, Romantic Garden, Moschino, Blooming Rooms Kit.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The Sims 4 Cats & dogs GAMEPLAY
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim's cat gets upset, his icon shows orange, when asked the "What's wrong?" option, the cat complains about a dirty llitterbox, although all his litterbox(es) are clean! Even after using the litterbox and getting it clean, cat still perceives it as dirty. The cat also looks sad, but he's perfectly fine!
What do you expect to see? Cat not getting upset over a dirty litterbox that is NOT dirty!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This bug is back folks!!! Cats getting upset over a dirty litterbox that IS NOT dirty!

Ok, so, my sims cat's icon gets orange, obviously something is not ok with him, so when asked "What's wrong?", the kitty complains about his llitterbox being dirty, although all his litterbox(es) are clean! Even after using the litterbox and getting it clean, the cat still perceives it as dirty. The cat also looks sad, I assume that is due to this issue, but he's perfectly fine and has nothing to be sad for! I have tried replacing the litterboxes with new ones, but still doesn't work!

This is so infuriating! This is an old bug that has resurfaced!

Am I the only one?

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 78 of 86 (1,019 Views)

Re: [CD] Cat perceives litterbox as dirty although it's clean

Hero
@natig159ml I merged your post. I'm unsure if everything in here is the same cause for cats not being able to use the litterbox or if we have multiple but yours sounds the same as post #64

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 79 of 86 (998 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Happens to me all the time. The easiest way to deal with it:

1. testingcheats true

2. resetsim [cat's name]

In my case, it happens when a cat wants to use the litter while another cat is using it and also when the litter is dirty. Then even after the litter is cleaned or another cat has done its business, the cat won't even try. Reset resolves the problem. After typing resetsim [cat's name] the cat goes straight to the litterbox almost immediately.

Message 80 of 86 (587 Views)