Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Pet cats can't use the litter boxes

by SimGuruIcarus

Original Post

Re: [TROUBLESHOOT] [CD] Pet cats can't use the litter boxes

Hero
@JasonVega2 willing to share your save with QA as per post of @SimGuruNick above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 85 (2,207 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Yes, ma'am. :-) I will isolate the offending save in question and send it to the attention of @SimGuruNick

Message 22 of 85 (2,191 Views)

Hero
Thank you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 85 (2,154 Views)

★★ Novice

I was experiencing this problem a while ago as well. Had two litter boxes in the house, on the second floor. When the bug started, I would delete the old litter box and buy a new one which seemed to work for a few more bathroom trips the kitties would take, but then the boxes would break again. I thought it had something to do with the litter boxes registering as being dirty even if my sims were cleaning them (because of the prompt after asking the cats "what's wrong") so I bought one of the self cleaning litter boxes and put it in the upstairs bathroom. This seemed to work for a little while until that one broke as well. I finally put a self cleaning one downstairs in an easily accessible area and that worked for quite a while actually. In fact, I can't remember actually having a problem with that one for several sims weeks until it started to glitch by not removing the dirty texture even though the animation would run. So I then upgraded to the litter box that uses the lasers to clean it and haven't had a problem yet. Also, important to note probably, is that the laser litter box is located downstairs since I wasn't sure if having the litter boxes upstairs had anything to do with the bug (kind of like when toddlers first came out and we couldn't bathe them in bathtubs upstairs.)

But, anyway, for me, the laser cat box seems to be the only one that doesn't have a problem so far and I've been playing with it for several plays now.

Message 24 of 85 (2,126 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

My cat can't use the litter box or the food bowl. This is not the first glitch I had this week! When are you guys going to make it so there is never a problem! I wan't my games to work perfectly! I expect them to work perfectly, especially for the amount of money it costs

[Edited by EA_Mai: using all caps on the internet is considered screaming, so it's not allowed - please, keep in mind the forum rules]

Message 25 of 85 (1,991 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @simsfan1020

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with the game. We are working on getting to the bottom of this. 

So, would you be willing to help us a bit?

We could really use your save games to identify this problem. So, could you send them to us?

If so, here you can find instructions:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thank you very much!

Message 26 of 85 (1,968 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am having this issue as well with just Sims 4 and Cats and Dogs expansion.  Just recently bought it and noticed fairly often the litter box breaks after a couple uses.  Re-buying the object was the only solution I've found so far.  I had the issue with just vanilla saves and only have a small amount of CC as of the attached save with the issue occurring as well.

Save on Google Drive (2nd floor Litterbox is affected): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YKZNrlSAfpN_r_aF3IkAqxB97gx9G3VK

Message 27 of 85 (1,937 Views)

★ Novice

I’ve only started to notice this same problem after I bought the sims 4 seasons expansion. I have a litter box upstairs but the cat just won’t seem to use it and will go on the floor instead even when my sim calls them into the room or picks them up and puts them there. he’s not a kitten so I know it’s not that he can’t get up the stairs. Idk what to do I’m afraid to play for fear that he’ll run away or get taken because the game thinks I’m not taking care of him.

Message 28 of 85 (5,295 Views)

Hero
What happens if you place it downstairs ?

Would you also be willing to share your save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 85 (5,291 Views)

★ Novice
It seems to be working properly more often now that I’ve moved most of the cats stuff upstairs and he now spends more time there
Message 30 of 85 (5,273 Views)