[FIXED] [CD] Pet/adoption person won't leave (adoption/selling/neglect)

by BaileyCorin

Original Post

Re: can not save game or leave my lot!?

★ Apprentice

hey, i have tried reseting the sims. and exited, and different dogs and cats. it does not work. my sim is in an appartment. never tried on house lots. though my cousin has and it worked for him on a house lot. just not in appartments. a fix for this would be great. as resetting does nothing at all. i wanted to be a sphynx breeder and now i cant Frown my sim has to have a dumb real job.

Message 11 of 118 (7,722 Views)

Hero

I tried an adoption in an apartment, had no issues but it was one of the more spacious ones.

In which one are you living ?

Did you also reset the agent ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 118 (7,716 Views)

★ Apprentice

i am in the art district in the penthouse. i did also reset the agent and cat and my sim... ive tried with and without cc/mods

Message 13 of 118 (7,704 Views)

Hero

Does it reproducibly happen each time on your save ? If so, would you be willing to share you save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 118 (7,700 Views)

★ Apprentice

yes it does. ive tried around 10 time before i gave up. idk if its my game or my processor is slow. (which it shouldnt be) how do i share a save?

Message 15 of 118 (7,695 Views)

Hero

Zip your saves folder (in documentes\electronicarts\thesims4 and upload somewhere like google drive or one drive , then PM me the link

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 118 (7,693 Views)

★ Apprentice

it wont let me zip it....

Message 17 of 118 (7,685 Views)

Hero

Hi @dalmansrule

See pic below. Mine's german but it should be send to in english. If that's what you tried, what error are you getting ?

Zip.jpg

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 118 (7,674 Views)

Re: [TROUBLESHOOT] [CD] Cat won't leave the household after I put it up for adop

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@crinrict Hello,

I'm trying to sell my puppy (which has a twin) and the adoption services person shows up, but she just keeps walking around the house swiping her hand, as if she is chasing the puppy around trying to grab it. She never takes the puppy. I've reset her and I've reset the puppy, but neither has worked, so now My game was left stuck in the "you can't do this while a sim is leaving the household", forcing me to quit without saving...

Here is the save file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1k75_fwZp3NjSa3WcGq484GnUJSpKC35c/view

Message 19 of 118 (7,585 Views)

Adoption Services won't leave

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 1
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? by checking the adoption services thingy
What happens when the bug occurs? The Adoption Services, whom take the pet, stays in the household and uses the household, and I can't seem to get rid of her/him or react with her/him. Making her/him stuck in my house, and I can't exit without losing all my progress.
What do you expect to see? I try to sell my dog/cat, they take them, and then just stays in my house and I can't interact with the Adoption Services person.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I can't seem to sell dogs at once. When I do though, the Adoption Services stays in my house and uses all my stuff. It's really annoying, please help!!! 

Message 20 of 118 (7,579 Views)