Glitch when worker arrives to take sold puppy/kitten

by flora_sims13

Original Post

Cat Adopted But will not leave - unable to save game

★★★ Guide
Hi there,

Just lost hours of game play due to this stupid bug.

Cat ran away from home, then came back and was unhappy and miserable so it was put up for adoption. The agent came round but the cat hid... the agent left and the cat was stuck in a leaving state so the game could not be saved. Any reason why after 3 years of the game being out there are still significant game breaking bugs?

I thought EA hust released unfinished games, not actively broke them.

I imagine other people have seen this or something similar.
Message 21 of 118 (8,199 Views)

Cannot Save or Enter Buy/Build Mode after Selling Puppies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs prior to (and including) Cats and Dogs, except the Scary Stuff and Fitness Stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sell puppies using "Hire a Service" cell phone option. (I sold two puppies at once. I don't know if the issue would still occur if I had sold them one at a time.)
What happens when the bug occurs? "Adoption Services" Sims show up on lot. One puppy (the second one sold) is collected in a timely manner with no apparent glitches. However, the "Adoption Services" Sims disappear together, without collecting the other puppy. I kept playing, hoping it was just delayed, and eventually the puppy disappeared and the notification appeared letting me know he was sold. However, I am still unable to go into Buy Mode, use CAS, save the game, or travel. When I hover over these grayed-out options, it says that "You cannot do this while a Sim is leaving your household!"
What do you expect to see? The "Adoption Services" Sims should take both puppies away promptly, ending the adoption event and allowing normal gameplay to resume.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Additional Information:

- Yes, I was payed for both puppies. The money was added to my Sim's household funds immediately after placing the call to sell the puppies, before the "Adoption Services" Sims appeared on the lot.

- This is the first time I have tried to sell puppies, so the issue has only occurred for me one time. However, it appears that a few others have come across this issue, as mentioned in the following topic. However, this was not an official report, so I decided to post one. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/929028/frozen-adoption-service-npc

- I have had two mods in the past, but they were disabled after installing the new game pack, and I have not re-enabled them since. Moreover, the bug occurred in a new game file I started after installing Cats and Dogs. Plus, as I installed the pack a week or so after it was released, I believe that the first post-release patch was already out when the new game file was created. Basically, it was a completely fresh start without any "contamination" from old saves.

Let me know if I can clarify or provide any more information to help resolve this issue. I am not able to continue playing right now, but I plan to reload the game and try having/selling puppies again, to see if the same thing happens. I will definitely be much more careful about saving my game this time!

Message 22 of 118 (8,200 Views)

Re: Cannot Save or Enter Buy/Build Mode after Selling Puppies

★★★★ Novice

I've encountered this issue too when I sold 2 kittens about the same time. No issues when selling separately.

Message 23 of 118 (8,185 Views)

Re: Cat Adopted But will not leave - unable to save game

Hero

HI @5coobasteeb

merged your post with existing report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 118 (8,170 Views)

Re: [TROUBLESHOOT] [CD] Cat won't leave the household after I put it up for adop

Hero

Hi @TBlove_567

sorry it took so long, kinda busy with RL.

What household do I need to try ? I don't see any puppies in any of them ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 118 (8,074 Views)

Glitch when worker arrives to take sold puppy/kitten

★★★ Novice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Pets, Get to Work, Get Together
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to sell a kitten/puppy
What happens when the bug occurs? When trying to sell a puppy or kitten, the NPC worker arrives, gets pet in carrier and then leaves the carrier behind without actually taking the pet. The game is still registering as "a sim is leaving the household" so I am unable to enter buy mode, leave the property or save, losing any progress that was not saved before the worker arrives.
What do you expect to see? I expect the worker to arrive, take the pet and leave.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

N/A

Message 26 of 118 (8,022 Views)

Bugs related to "pet neglect" situation

★★ Guide

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a household; 1 sim and 1 pet(cat/dog). I tested with cat.
What happens when the bug occurs? [1]. Arrived pet adoption service(call "PAS" below) sim SHOULD NOT be selected from PLAYED sims. Use unplayed sim or generate new sim.(related to my other bug report) [2]. If you place a wall around neglect pet, PAS cannot pick it up. [3]. After a few hours later, PAS left the lot and the pet still attached to current household. [4]. After PAS left, you can't leave or travel the lot. [5]. After PAS arrived, when you hover a mouse to map icon or magnifier icon, the message mention about a sim, not about a pet. [6]. After PAS left, you can still keep the pet - but you can't click it anymore.
What do you expect to see? [1]. I want you not to mess up my PLAYED household. [2]. IIRC, Grim Reaper can teleport to a sim(ignore wall/lock). Why PAS can't do that? [3]. Related to 2, PAS should try to take it forcefully, removing a pet from a household control menu(botton-left bar). [4]. If PAS left the lot, this means PAS abandoned the job, so the player should be able to travel anywhere he/she wants. [5]. These message is misleading. Changing it to "You cannot do this while a pet is taken away!" or something is a good idea. [6]. Just remove it. Period. Related to 2. screenshot; https://share.riseup.net/#A0nECvjQrsjqgjP6ialUAg
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made.

Message 27 of 118 (8,020 Views)

Re: Bugs related to "pet neglect" situation

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Instead of taken away by buggy PAS sim, you could use a death code(Elder pet's death).

"Death by starvation" is the appropriate answer of this.

Why spawn a PAS? Who called it? (there's no neighbor in this area)

It just doesn't make sense.

For reference, you can keep this poor pet indefinitely by placing a inaccessible wall around it.

I've challenged this scenario just want to know how this EP created. And absolutely... pet neglect is not cool; don't do this in IRL, folks :-)

Message 28 of 118 (8,016 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Hey @crinrict , why did you merged my bug here? Did you read this?

Mine is NOT an adoption-related bug.

Message 29 of 118 (7,992 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I changed the title. It's all those pet situations. (adoption, selling, neglect)

And your is a bit unique anyways cause you tried to trick the game by doing wall thing.

Your other issue already has a thread by you and doesn't need a second one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 118 (7,987 Views)