can not save game or leave my lot!?

by bj1r

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CD] Pet/adoption person won't leave (adoption/selling/neglect)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? CandD Patch
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know
What happens when the bug occurs? So I went to go put my adult cat up for adoption and the adoption agency came and left a crate and he won’t take the cat! I can’t control the cat or talk to the adoption service dude and I can’t save the game! Is this normal?
What do you expect to see? The Adoption service guy taking the cat away.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

some text to get rid of forum glitch

Message 1 of 118 (68,078 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] [CD] Pet/adoption person won't leave (adoption/selling/neglect)

Hero

When putting your cuddly friends up for adoption you will no longer be faced with inaccessible UI.

Fixed in Patch 1.55.105

If you still face this issue with selling or neglect, please create a new thread.

Thank you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 116 of 118 (41,615 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO TEST] [CD] Cat won't leave the household after I put it up for adoption

★ Apprentice

i am having the same issue. though i havnt tried with dogs. lady wont even give me the crate just changes into her normal clothes and leaves Frown

Message 2 of 118 (67,927 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've had a similar issue - the adoption agent comes but then leaves a few hours later. No crate, no nothing, and then the cat is still in the family. But the game thinks the adoption event is ongoing so I can't build, travel, or save the game. I've started saving every time before hand because the only option at the point is to exit the game and lose the progress. This has happened twice now, both times in the middle of game play (30 mins - 1 hour in). Each time I back out, go back in, and then the event happens correctly with no issues. 

My game is totally vanilla, no CC or mods. Current sim is living in an apartment.

Message 3 of 118 (67,898 Views)

Cats & Dogs - Sell Pet - Pet not picked up & save, travel, aging blocked

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of the expansions, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack, Life of the Party Digital Content
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Putting a puppy up for sale
What happens when the bug occurs? It says the pet is sold and I receive money for the transaction, but no one ever comes to pick up the pet. It says that an Adoption Event is underway, but no one has come to the lot/nothing has changed and it's been over a day. Because it says the Adoption Event is happening, it won't let me save, travel to any other places, plan social events, adopt anything, or let my toddler Sim level up by blowing out his candles on his cake.
What do you expect to see? The sold pet leaving the lot and my game continuing on as it should.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I made my dogs have puppies and two were born.  I decided to try putting one up for sale, so I sold one of the two puppies.  I received the money right away, but no one ever came to pick up the puppy.  It says that an Adoption Event is underway, but no one has come to the lot/nothing has changed and it's been over a day.  Because it says the Adoption Event is happening, it won't let me save, travel to any other places, plan social events, adopt anything, or let my toddler Sim level up. I'm very concerned about not being able to save my game.  I don't have any CC installed.

EDIT: I kept playing on and my toddler did age up naturally, but I'm still not able to travel, save, access build mode, or any other thing you can't do while a major life event is happening.

EDIT2: I decided to close out my game without saving it and go back from where I was before.  I ended up getting a dfiferent dog pregnant and was able to successfully sell one of her pups.

Message 4 of 118 (67,889 Views)

Hero

I've tested this in a house with (almost) no issues

At first I adopted a cat and then gave her up for adoption. No person ever came, cat was just whisked away. Then gave up my dog, guy came and took him with him. Seems to have worked as intended.

I'll test apartments tomorrow

@Cimerone9923 @BaileyCorin @dalmansrule

Any tight spaces involved ? Apartment or house ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 118 (67,885 Views)

Re: Cats & Dogs - Sell Pet - Pet not picked up & save, travel, aging blo

Hero

@beebray merged with exiting thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 118 (67,882 Views)

can not save game or leave my lot!?

★★★ Novice

I am unable to save the game. I put my cat up for adoption, the social worker came to get him, the cat is in the carrier and the social worker is MIA. So the game will not let me save or leave my lot until the cat is gone. When I try to save it says " Can not save while a Sim is leaving your home" So what do I do now. Love the game btw 

Message 7 of 118 (67,875 Views)

Re: can not save game or leave my lot!?

EA app Team

Hi @bj1r,

I've merged your post here as you are not the only one who has reported this issue. Please, take a look to the thread and feel free to press the 'Me too' button in the first post.

Thanks!

-Mai

Message 8 of 118 (67,866 Views)

★★★ Novice
Okay but can u tell us how to fix it. Its not like we can just restart the game! It won't save!
Message 9 of 118 (67,863 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

You can try resetting the animal that's supposed to be adopted with resetsim firstname lastname.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 118 (67,851 Views)