Unrelavant Whims

by violentthinmints

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [CD] Pet Owner Whims After Pet Is Gone

★★★★★ Guide

@MisplacedMel @Reekyteek @Dianuckethead @Bearpal64 @shaderondark @FinalBossNyuma @eustacecs 

Dear all,

I have had this issue ever since Cats & Dogs was released and I have FINALLY found a solution!

The problem is the relbit information between the sim and the pet which remains even if the pet dies or is moved out of the household.

There are two possible ways of fixing this:

1.) Permanently delete the pet via the Household Manager. This is the sledge-hammer solution and rather inelegant, I agree.

2.) Have both the pet and the sim on the same lot. Make sure you have testingcheats enabled. Then, shift-left-click on the pet and choose "Cheat Relationship...". From there, select "Remove Relationship Bit...". A list of relbits will appear. Click to delete "Pet" (and also "Companion" if applicable). Problem solved and no more pet-related whims for that sim!

Good Luck!

Message 11 of 13 (2,725 Views)

Unrelavant Whims

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 01.433
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, Get to Work, Vampires, Weather.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a pet that dies in a household and cycle through whims.
What happens when the bug occurs? It shows whims that are not currently relevant.
What do you expect to see? Whims that are relevant to my household.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

It shows "Buy a ball" for owning a pet but my sims household hasn't had a pet for weeks upon weeks. Or it shows "have a waterballoon fight" for summer but its winter.

Message 12 of 13 (303 Views)

Re: Unrelavant Whims

Hero

Archiving this thread as per Patch 1.90.358 as Whims are being replaced by Wants & Fears. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 13 (177 Views)