[OPEN] [CD] Off Grid Living: Can't adopt pet from phone

by kim7878

Original Post

Pet adoption nothing happens

★★★ Novice

I think I figured out how to fix this!

I was having an issue where when I tried to adopt a cat (or dog or child) my sim just wouldn’t do anything. The action wouldn’t pop up on the queue and nothing would happen. 

Turns out, this is because of the off the grid lot trait! I don’t know if it’s a glitch or a feature but as soon as I took the lot trait off I was able to adopt. 

Message 21 of 31 (3,594 Views)

Re: Pet adoption nothing happens

Hero
@jackofallgaze I merged your post with the bug report on this.

Make sure to click me too on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 31 (3,554 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

What seems to be happening here, is that the interaction to adopt both pets and children via the phone has a test that will always fail if your sim is on a lot with the off the grid trait (the test checks for the OTG trait, and blocks the interaction if it's present even if you have enough power surplus). This test doesn't appear to be present with the adoption interactions on the computer, and from testing, those interactions work just fine (providing you have enough power surplus, of course).

For now, I have created a mod workaround for this, which you can find linked on luthienrising's Broken/Updated Mods post on the Sims forums, here

Message 23 of 31 (3,444 Views)

Hero
@thunder11433 I've added your mod to the main index here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-Common-Game-Fixing-Mods-Hero-Approved/m-p/10111432... along with the other fix you made.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 31 (3,426 Views)

Re: Can't adopt pet from phone - Eco Lifestyle

★★ Novice
@crinrict Turning off the off the grid challenge does not work for me. Even turning it off, going into manage worlds, and coming back didn't work. Even turned it off and restarted the game. I ended up just cheating a dog in lol Wanted to comment though so people/the team knows it doesn't always work.
Message 25 of 31 (3,333 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Off Grid Living: Can't adopt pet from phone

★★ Pro

Just noticed this too. Click the adoption option from your phone and nothing happens. I'm playing on an off the grid lot. So many bugs with off the grid, ughhh Frown

Message 26 of 31 (3,267 Views)

Adoption services on phone not working.

★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.99.305.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to adopt pets on the phone.
What happens when the bug occurs? The interaction does not work, nothing happens when trying adoption services through the phone. It only work on computer.
What do you expect to see? Services adoptions working on both computer and phone.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Thats all I have to say.

Message 27 of 31 (3,193 Views)

Re: Adoption services on phone not working.

Community Manager

Hi @Francoisf30 

Which lot traits are you currently using? 

solaire.png

Message 28 of 31 (3,073 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@EA_SolaireI have been playing with multiple sims, in different households house, without or with traits, and it always always never work. You click on it and you cant even see it queued. Its like if you clicked in the air. I will double check if there are coralation in between lot traits, or lot challenges, and what I have and come back with more news...

Message 29 of 31 (3,055 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@EA_Solaire I did some further test, this is not a lot trait, but a lot challenge, Off-the-grid, now I have been playing with it in many households, it may explain why it never worked. Because I tested that in several different families, and came with the same result. Off-the-grid make it impossible, and of course they all have lot of power accumulated, so I am not missing power at all, this is the lot challenge who cause issue.
Message 30 of 31 (3,044 Views)