by SammieForever88

Original Post

Highlighted

Cannot adopt pets

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.73.57.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City Living, Eco Lifestyle, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get Together, Island Living, Seasons, Snowy Escape, Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Spa Day, Star Wars, StrangerVille, Vampires, Laundry Day Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Moschino Stuff Pack, Movie Hangout Stuff, Nifty Knitting Stuff Pack, Paranormal Stuff Pack, Romantic Garden Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Tiny Living, Vintage Glamour Stuff,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use cell phone to adopt a cat or dog. But the sim doesn’t end up adopting & just stops.
What happens when the bug occurs? I use the cell phone to adopt a dog or cat, the sim gets on the phone but no adoption menu pops up and the sim just puts the phone away & the action is ended. I am playing on an “off-the-grid” lot in Sulani with generators & solar panels powering electricity for my lot.
What do you expect to see? Be able to adopt a pet.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 11 of 31 (1,105 Views)

Re: Adopt a pet selection not showing up

★★ Novice

I'm seeing exactly the same issue. This is only a problem when the "off the grid" lot challenge is active - I can work around it by turning the challenge off, adopting the pet, and then turning the challenge back on (all without changing/resetting the game). I have over 200 surplus energy stored and all other electricals work so it is not down to not having sufficient electricity to run the phone. I can make the selection in the phone menu but it then disappears from my sim's queue without them doing anything. 

I don't know if a particular patch caused this for me as I have not played an off the grid scenario before where I have also tried to adopt a pet. This is a new save file though.

I have all EPs, all GPs except Star Wars and most of the SPs. I also use MCCC mod but no others. 

Message 12 of 31 (952 Views)

Can't put pets up for adoption

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have five dogs and plan on selling 3 of them, however, when I select the "Put pet up for adoption" via the phone, nothing happens.

Is this something that can only be done via the computer??

Message 13 of 31 (970 Views)

Re: Can't put pets up for adoption

Hero
@AshayaGloom Are you playing off grid ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 31 (937 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict yes I am. But I have heaps of power reserve.

Message 15 of 31 (925 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@AshayaGloom It's bugged for off grid. Can you test if it works if you remove the trait ? Just for testing.

I'll merged this with the bug report later

Merged with bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 31 (915 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict Sorry for the delay, been busy with work stuff.

Just tested with the off-the-grid challenge off, and it works. So I'm guessing and an off-the-grid issue?

Message 17 of 31 (870 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict There seems to be a larger issue where services tied to the cell phone are not recognizing stored electricity reserves on a lot with the off-the-grid trait/challenge.  Could we merge the issue I reported Cannot Hire a Service via Object on Off-the-Grid while Power available - Answer HQ with this one since it seems to be a similar symptom of the larger issue at hand?  The workaround for my reported issue is the same as what is proposed in this one: removing the lot challenge temporarily.  And it does work.

Message 18 of 31 (860 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@cmgress I think for now it's best to keep them separate unless someone from QA requests a merge on this. It's mostly about finding threads if people search. I also think the symptoms for the two a re a bit different. I think I tested your report when you reported it and it didn't work in a different way then the adoption.

@AshayaGloom Sorry, didn't see your question. Yes, it's an off grid issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 31 (851 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Turning off the "off-the-grid" challenge allowed me to adopt the dog. Thanks!

Message 20 of 31 (742 Views)