Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CD] No Ultra Speed While Pets are on lot

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a pet in the household and make all the Sims go to sleep.
What happens when the bug occurs? If a pet happens to be awake while the Sims are sleeping, then the game will not play on ultra speed.
What do you expect to see? I would expect ultra speed to work while Sims are sleeping even though pets are awake, ESPECIALLY since we cannot control pets.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Cats and Dogs

I saw the thread about ultra speed issues in apartments, and it reminded me of a similar issue I've been having. Even if all Sims on the lot are asleep, if even one pet in the house is awake, then the game will not play on ultra speed. I'm not sure if this is by design or not, but it still personally fills really off to me, ESPECIALLY since we cannot control pets.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 46 (5,017 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game won't speed up during sleep if stray animals are present

Hero

Ultra speed is as ultra-fast as it’s supposed to be, even if there’s a stray on the lot

Fixed in Patch 1.96.365/1.71

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 46 of 46 (1,135 Views)

All Replies

Re: No Ultra Speed While Pets are Awake

Hero

For me it kicks in fine.

Do you have anything else on your lot that could cause the issue '

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 46 (4,953 Views)

★★★ Guide

No, there's nothing on the lot that would cause ultra speed to not work. There aren't any visiting Sims or anything, and everyone in the household (except for the pets) is asleep. Like the other thread, this issue is especially prevalent in apartments, even if there isn't a festival going on.

Message 3 of 46 (4,953 Views)

Hero

The festivals aren't the only issue causing it for apartments though.

Do you have it in houses too ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 46 (4,950 Views)

★★★ Guide

I just tested this in Brindleton Bay. It's still only going at maximum triple speed if pets are awake when the Sims are sleeping. It will not go on ultra speed. My mods are completely disabled. I am also playing on a brand new computer with more than enough specs to run the game.

Message 5 of 46 (4,943 Views)

Hero

Did you try in a new save or the same one in different hood ? Could be a save game issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 46 (4,935 Views)

★★★ Guide

No, it was an entirely new save.

Message 7 of 46 (4,927 Views)

Hero

Did some more testing and it kicks in fine for me in apartments and houses. Hm

Putting this on feedback to see if someone else has issues with this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 46 (4,907 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @Lorraine-Simmer

Would you be willing to send your save files?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Your files could help us a lot trying to reproduce your issue!.

Thank you very much!

Message 9 of 46 (4,874 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Sadly, I do not think I can do that. I've tried to understand the instructions, I really have, but I don't. My problem is figuring out where the Sims 4 saves are even located in my files. It's really frustrating. I don't understand how I'm the only one this is happening to with no mods and max PC specs.

Thanks for trying to help, though.

Message 10 of 46 (4,853 Views)