[FIXED] [CD] No Ultra Speed While Pets are on lot

by Lorraine-Simmer

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INFO] [CD] No Ultra Speed While Pets are on lot

Hero

HI @dreamyraynbo 

so it's the strays that cause the issues for you, not your own cats ?

Does it kick in if there are no strays ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 46 (1,016 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INFO] [CD] No Ultra Speed While Pets are on lot

★★★ Novice

Good question! The family doesn't have any of their own cats. I'll test and get back to you. 

Message 42 of 46 (1,008 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] No Ultra Speed While Pets are on lot

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? I don't play with pets often, so hard for me to judge. This lot/family it happens fairly often
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have 2 adults and 2 pets in my household. When the adults go to work, the maid arrives, the pets are awake, and it won't ultra speed. 
What happens when the bug occurs? Both adults go to work, so I try to turbo speed through work. If the pets are awake (the maid is also there) it won't ultra speed through work. Sometimes it says I'm on speed 3, but it slows down and looks like it's on speed 1. I have to change it to a different speed and then change it back to speed 3 for it to work again, but won't turbo speed.  I'm playing in Brindleton Bay, Chateau Frise lot. 
What do you expect to see? Ultra speed when there are no sims in the household that are awake/actually there. I know that the pets are awake, but I can't interact with them so I don't think they should slow down time.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? I can't name exactly when it started, because I don't play with pets that often. Sorry Frown

Please describe the patch or change you made: My game is up to date as of 12/16. So Snowy Escape update and the recent patches. 

I'm not sure if the failure to ultra speed & speed 3 slowing down are the same bug or not. But I only notice the speed 3 slowing down when I'm trying to get it to ultra speed. 

I also have cat and dog strays in the house.

Message 43 of 46 (801 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] No Ultra Speed While Pets are on lot

★★★ Novice

I also have this issue im on the smallest empty lot in brindleton bay, only my sim and a cat (my pet) on the lot no visitors and even when my cat is sleeping i dont get ultra speed.

Message 44 of 46 (699 Views)

Game won't speed up during sleep if stray animals are present

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but Dream Home Decorator, Country Kitchen and Industrial Loft.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Send all controlled Sims to bed on a lot with the cat/dog hangout trait. (or possibly any lot in Brindleton Bay)
What happens when the bug occurs? When cats or dogs are on the active lot the game does not auto speed up when all controlled sims are asleep. When manually sped up it doesn't go to the usual super fast speed, unless all the animals leave.
What do you expect to see? Animals not to prevent the time speed up during sleep.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

There's a chance this only happens with animals you have interacted with since their arrival on your lot. I haven't confirmed though.

Message 45 of 46 (651 Views)

Re: Game won't speed up during sleep if stray animals are present

Hero

Ultra speed is as ultra-fast as it’s supposed to be, even if there’s a stray on the lot

Fixed in Patch 1.96.365/1.71

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 46 of 46 (1,327 Views)