Re: [OPEN] [CD] Jog with Dog not working

by Velocipato

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Jog with Dog not working

★★ Guide

This is still happening. I'm also seeing it in Willow Creek with the big dog. I haven't tried the small dog or other areas. My sims themselves can still jog just fine. 

Message 11 of 21 (1,358 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I am also having this issue, in several neighborhoods including Brindleton Bay and Strangerville.  Sim will leash the dog and just stand there.  

Message 12 of 21 (1,307 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@MsMisc I read an older post saying this was fixed in September, but I haven't seen much change myself. My Sims are having issues in Sulani the most but also Brindleton Bay. I haven't heard any updates though. Seems like there still isn't a solution. 🙁
Message 13 of 21 (1,287 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice
@QueenieJocelyn I'm having the same issue on my Xbox. Both in Brindleton Bay and Glimmerbrook, I haven't tested on other maps yet. Also, sometimes my Sims will start jogging and just stop in the middle of the way and stand there with the dog for many in-game hours if left unchecked.
Message 14 of 21 (1,267 Views)

★ Apprentice

Personally, I have found it's not just jogging, although that is my go-to dog walk, but there is about a 50% chance my sims dog walk/jog starts off with them both just stood in the house (I usually get impatient and reset them after an irl minute or so of this), or they get so far into the walk/jog and then just stop (again, I usually just reset and send everyone home instead). If I queue up anything for after their walk/jog whilst they are on said walk/jog, often my sim immediately gives up on the walk/jog and starts doing the queued up task, sometimes with the dog still leashed.

I just make sure all my dogs have the independent trait now and can walk themselves without me constantly having to keep an eye on them!

I have no mods or CC, and only a handful of packs. I only really started playing with dogs after the latest patch/installing Cottage Living, so I don't know if it was there before. Happy to supply a save file if needed!

Message 15 of 21 (1,173 Views)

Taking dog for a walk/jog not working

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage living, snowy escape, eco lifestyle, discover university, island living, get famous, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get together, get to work, dream home decorator, realm of magic, strangerville, parenthood, vampires, dine out, spa day, outdoor retreat, paranormal, nifty knitting, tiny living, moschino, bowling night, vintage glamour, backyard, kids room, romantic garden, movie hangout, spooky, cool kitchen, perfect patio, luxury party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click pet care, select go for a jog, go for a short walk, go for a medium walk, or go for a long walk
What happens when the bug occurs? I try to take my dog for a jog or a walk and they’ll attach the leash but will just stand there frozen
What do you expect to see? They are supposed to leave and go walk/jog with the dog
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I installed cottage living and did the patch that came with it

Whenever I try to walk the dog, it doesn’t matter how long, or go for a jog with the dog, the sim will attach the leash but then will freeze and just stand there. They won’t do anything else, they’ll just stand there and the dog will just hang out there as well. This started after installing cottage living and I tried turning off my custom content but the bug still happens.

Message 16 of 21 (1,197 Views)

Re: Taking dog for a walk/jog not working

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

I have the same problem, I tried to go for a walk/jog in Sulani, and my Sim and their dog just stay in the house but (after a while) the sim receives the moodlet energize+1 for the good walk/jog.

EDIT:

I found that it happens only in the lot in Mua'Pelam, which is a separate island. So it makes sense that you can't go anywhere with the dog.

Message 17 of 21 (1,068 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@sinisteraspberry Same problem here...
Two years later and the problem clearly still persists.
Why isn't this fixed yet??
Message 18 of 21 (823 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also had this problem. I have a small dog and my Sims live in Henford-On-Bagely. I don't know how to fix it

Message 19 of 21 (671 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@SummertimeQueen I have this exact same issue and cats and dogs was my first EP after buying BG and it's always happened, to this day
Message 20 of 21 (586 Views)