Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CD] Jog with Dog not working

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, StrangerVille, Luxury Party Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff and My First Pet Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get a dog, try to take it for a jog.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim leashes the dog, and has in their queue that they are on a jog but they just stand still. Before they would stand there for a few Sim hours and then finally go for a jog but now they just dont. When they took hours but did eventually, the dog would have a seemingly sped up running animation, teleport around the area and back to my sim occasionally, and my sim would lose all weight in about 2-3 days and not build muscle and that happened to both my sims that took the dog for jogs even if I had them very excessively overeat for several days.
What do you expect to see? I expect my sim to take the dog for a jog once they have finished the leashing animation or soon after if the dog is in the middle of an animation, and for the dog to run with its legs moving at a normal running pace and not teleport around, and for my sims to not rapidly lose weight while not gaining muscle.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have repaired my game but the issue persists.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 21 (5,412 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Jog with Dog not working

Hero

Trying to Go for Jog while your little pooch is hungry won’t cause your Sim to stand in place. Now where is that dog food?

Fixed in Patch 1.97.42/1.73

The patch notes give a pretty specific reason. If you have further issues, please create a new thread and provide the following info

- Which neighborhood is this happening in (world and specific neighborhood)

- What traits does your dog have ?

- Is it a small or big dog ?

- Anything else that might be important as to why it's still happening for other cases.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 21 of 21 (1,951 Views)

All Replies

Re: taking dog for a jog issues

Hero
@sinisteraspberry Which neighborhood are you playing in ? Do you have this issue in all of them ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 21 (5,355 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@crinrictI was living in Brindleton Bay when they would stand around for a few Sim hours then finally go. Then I moved my household to Windenburg and they didn't go at all. Have not tested in other neighborhoods.

Message 3 of 21 (5,338 Views)

Hero
@sinisteraspberry I tested Windenburg and have no issues.

Do you have a small or a big dog ? Which area in Windenburg ? Does that matter ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 21 (5,313 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue in Briddleton Bay as well as Del Sol Valley. I don't think it has anything to do with the neighborhoods... I also don't have any mods or CC.

Message 5 of 21 (5,275 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict  Big dogs. It was on The Island. I don't think it matters, but hey, I'm not a developer.

Message 6 of 21 (5,230 Views)

Hero
@sinisteraspberry I also can't duplicate in that area. Except for the weird dog running animation, it looks fine.

Do you have any issues with walking the dog or jogging without dogs ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 21 (5,224 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Jog with Dog not working

★★★★ Apprentice

Lately I've had this same issue. My sim lives in Sulani and it's a nightmare trying to take her dog out. After queuing "go for jog" she will stand for over an hour before going to leash her pet. Afterwards they stand around for several hours before finally going for a jog. The dog's animation is sped up and looks completely unnatural and it will bark incessantly for the entirety of the jog.  

I've also noticed that my sim will stop several times during her jog and when she does the dog will glitch and run incredibly far (even in the ocean) and stretch the leash. When her dog teleports back to her side she will start running again only for it to happen again a few feet later. What should be a quick trip ends up taking nearly the entire day. 

I do use mods, but I've removed them and tried repairing my game. 

Message 8 of 21 (5,138 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict  no, ive not had issues walking the dog or jogging without the dog.

Message 9 of 21 (5,086 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having this problem in Willow Creek with a big dog but my sim can jog perfectly fine on his own. I've noticed other bugs with the game and I think most of them have only started occurring since the latest update but I'm not sure.

Message 10 of 21 (5,026 Views)