by DizzyDee-K

Original Post

[OPEN] [CD] Hosta Plant Can Be Placed Anywhere

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to build mode. Select the Outdoor Plants section. Select the CandD Hosta Plant and place it where it should not be allowed.
What happens when the bug occurs? In build mode you can place the Hosta Plant on the lot without restrictions. Similar to placing the plant with the Move Objects Cheat activated. With the exception of swimming pools, the Hosta Plant does not clash with other objects and can occupy the same location. ie you can place the Hosta Plant inside a bed or table.
What do you expect to see? When placing he Hosta Plant on the lot it should conflict with items already occupying the space. Illegal placement should not be possible and conflicting items should turn red to indicate a conflict.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I'm pretty sure it was v1.37 or v1.38

The attached image shows the issue.  It is easy to reproduce.

Message 1 of 4 (667 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] [CD] Hosta Plant Can Be Placed Anywhere

Hero

Tagging @BryonyRae for this one but I can duplicate this issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (616 Views)
Highlighted

★ Pro

Same problem. The Hostas also sink into the ground after being placed.

Message 3 of 4 (608 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I can duplicate this as well, although every now and then, the Hosta does seem to recognize an object as a collision, but mostly, it doesn't.  The plant also has a bright glow when placed in the interior (others don't), but I will report that separately.  I cannot duplicate the Hosta sinking into the ground.  Mine are staying as placed both outside and inside.  Will add the non-collision placement to our list though.

Message 4 of 4 (569 Views)