by Neptitude

Original Post

[OPEN] [CD] [GF] Celebrity Sims Reacting In Disgust to Pets

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1520
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansion and Game Packs, My First Pet Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, and Kid's Room Stuff Packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When a four-star celebrity is in the same room with a pet, the sim will react in disgust
What happens when the bug occurs? Celebrity Sims (Started at four-star) react in disgust to pets
What do you expect to see? The celebrity sim to not react to the pets
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This is a conflict between the Get Famous Expansion Pack and the Cats & Dogs Expansion Pack

**This following part is strictly a suggestion: if the celebrity is on the positive side of reputation they do not react in disgust to non-celebrity sims, but bad reputation should still react in disgust to non-celebrity sims.**

EDIT by Crinrict: Added Tags to title

Message 1 of 7 (2,550 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] [GF] Celebrity Sims Reacting In Disgust to Pets

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Neptitude It happened to me too.
Message 2 of 7 (2,353 Views)

Famous Sim reacting in disgust to its pet

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Together, Get to Work, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Spa Day, Dine Out, Parenthood, Vintage Glamour, Laundry Day, Holiday
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim be a 4 star celebrity and own a pet (maybe 3 star as well...? Can't remember)
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever the pet comes into the room or is in the general vicinity, the Sim reacts in disgust. Every single time.
What do you expect to see? The Sim to not react in disgust when a cat comes into the room. The cat does not care if the Sim is famous. The cat just wants pats. The cat need not fame, just wet food.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My Sim is a 4 star celebrity. Every single time her cat comes remotely near her, she reacts in disgust. I think we can all logically agree the cat doesn't give a crap if my Sim, its companion, is a celebrity, and the cat is certainly not fangirling over her. It's just a minor tick, but when every other action is interrupted by "React in disgust" it can be disruptive for the player. The Sim can be sitting down eating while the cat is running around, and she'll stop eating to go "Ah, sul... ugh..." 4 or 5 times over the course of a meal. I saw this was a known problem with other human Sims, back in 2018. If this one could get fixed eventually too that would be stellar.

This is a single Sim living alone in a rather small-ish house, single story on a 20x30 lot. I could build a bigger house so she runs into her cat less often but that's kind of sad...

Edit as I'm playing the game right now and I just noticed, the Sim reacts in disgust even if the pet is asleep. She has a pristine reputation.

Message 3 of 7 (2,247 Views)

Re: Famous Sim reacting in disgust to its pet

★★ Guide

Famous Sims react to almost anybody, even their own children with disgust, and yes, pets too, even though, they have high relationship scores. Completely unnecessary, I don't think it's a bug, but a designflaw.

Message 4 of 7 (2,225 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] [GF] Celebrity Sims Reacting In Disgust to Pets

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every Time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansions, Game Packs, and Stuff Packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When my 4-5 star celebrity is in the same room with a pet, the sim will react in disgust.
What happens when the bug occurs? My celebrity sims react in disgust to pets, they will even wake up to react in disgust to a pet entering the room. They will 
What do you expect to see? The celebrity sim to not react to the pets or for disgust  reaction to override current actions.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Not sure because I never had a celebrity sim with pets before and I just so happened to coincided with installing eco pack and stuff packs. 

Suggestion: Pet should have fame level tied to their owners so that if their owner is 5 star, the pet is 5 star, thus they won't have a negative reaction. Or the pet should have an adjustable fame level for the same reason.

Message 5 of 7 (2,089 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] [GF] Celebrity Sims Reacting In Disgust to Pets

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem. Sim is a global superstar and has a cat and a dog and she will always react in disgust to both of them. She is companions with the cat and she still will react in disgust anytime the cat enters a room Frown

Message 6 of 7 (1,742 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] [GF] Celebrity Sims Reacting In Disgust to Pets

Community Manager (retired)

Is anyone still having this issue after today's patch? Thanks much!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 7 of 7 (1,624 Views)