by candiecoatediv

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [CD] Fitness skill when cleaning LitterBox

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.74.59.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything from Base Game to Courtyard Oasis kit. All exspansions gamepacks stuff packs and kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a pet cat, clean the dirty litter box
What happens when the bug occurs? Skill that has nothing to do with what my sim is doing is being gained
What do you expect to see? I expect my sim not to gain a skill when she’s not doing skill building activities
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I just started a brand new save game yesterday, I’ve played her through one sim week. I’ve never really played with Cats before my sims are usually dog people but since I can’t walk a dog in the city I decided to have her have a kitten. Everything was fine and the kitten used the litter box and when I had my sim clean out the litter box suddenly she gained the fitness skill. I’m not sure if this is actually a bug but it’s strangely odd to me. I didn’t plan on my sim learning Fitness, but no matter what any time she cleans out the litter box the skill raises.

I saw people were having this issue with toddler potties at one point but I haven’t seen if anyone else is having this issue with litter boxes. Also I was having this issue before I brought Oasis Courtyard Kit and I played a little after buying the kit and she’s still gaining fitness cleaning the litter box. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 16 (1,892 Views)

Re: [CD] Fitness skill when cleaning LitterBox

★★★★★ Guide
@MysticGlamazon I tried multiple times to report this but I can't get the stupid form to complete on my phone lol. Anyway.... It's an really odd bug. Since 1 or 2 patches ago any Sim that cleans the litter box gains a little bit of Fitness skill. I have a video I'll link in a bit
Message 2 of 16 (1,843 Views)

★★ Pro
@MysticGlamazon Just thinking.. Did this have anything to do with your sim being energised? I've had sims gain fitness skill from performing some cleaning activities but I can't recall which actions they were. I know that washing clothes in the wash bucket raises fitness skill but I don't remember my sims getting fit from scooping cat poop. :D
Message 3 of 16 (1,828 Views)

★ Guide

No she wasn’t inspired she was happy at the time, and then while I was playing today she was playful and then once uncomfortable while cleaning out the litterbox. I’m just going to have her earn some money and buy that automatic litter box because I’m tired of removing the fitness skill 

Message 4 of 16 (1,813 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Yeah, this «feature»-Bug is for a long while there. I like it so I never reported it.

Message 5 of 16 (1,772 Views)

Message 6 of 16 (1,693 Views)

Champion

Honestly I just assumed my cats had made a real mess of the litter box - my IRL cat’s litter box can be a job to clean, so I just considered it a funny bonus to get fitness for it in game.

This only happens when cleaning by hand - if my spellcasters use scruberoo they just get spellcasting experience not fitness. So I think maybe this is intentional?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 7 of 16 (1,629 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

My sims also get the fitness skill when doing laundry with washing machines and hampers. 

Message 8 of 16 (1,591 Views)

EA Staff

Hello All,

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 9 of 16 (1,385 Views)

Cleaning the litterbox makes sim gain/progress in fitness skill

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EP: Get to Work, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Cottage Living, Growing Together; GP: Outdoor Retreat, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Realm of Magic, Dream Home Decorator, Werewolves; SP: Tiny Living Stuff, Nifty Knitting Stuff, Paranormal Stuff; Kit: Desert Luxe
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Let a sim clean the litterbox of their cat.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim gains a big boost in their fitness skill whenever they clean the the litterbox.
What do you expect to see? Probably not to gain any fitness skill.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.77.131.1030

I assume that the cat poop is not so heavy that any sims should gain the fitness skill from it and keep boosting it with every cleanout.

Message 10 of 16 (1,042 Views)