[FIXED] [CD] Endless Return from Daycare Notifications

by parryotter

Original Post

Re: Vacation and toddler

Hero
@GHekate Merged your post with the bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 34 (2,126 Views)

Getting constant message about toddler returning from daycare while on vacation

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.37
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy escape, Get famous, Get to work, City living, vintage glamour, spooky, toddler stuff, knitting, island living, get together, parenthood, cats and Dogs, vampires, Seasons
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? leave a toddler at home and go on vacation without them.
What happens when the bug occurs? Receiving constant notification about my toddler returning from daycare while on vacation away from toddler
What do you expect to see? No notifications about my toddler returning from daycare
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

While I was on vacation in Mt. Korebi, I received continuous notifications about my toddler returning from daycare. They kept coming one after the other, filling up my notification wall with nothing but the same message. I had this issue before the update. After the update I picked back up with the vacation and the bug continued. Not sure if it happens if vacationing anywhere else. Don't know what triggered it. My sim couple was on vacation and the butler had come with them, leaving the kids behind.

Message 22 of 34 (2,142 Views)

Re: Getting constant message about toddler returning from daycare while on vacat

★★★★★ Apprentice

I had the same issue. My vacation was in the outdoor vacation world, can't remember the name. Butler came along and constant notifications about the toddler returning from daycare.

Message 23 of 34 (2,108 Views)

Re: Endless Return from Daycare Notifications

★ Novice

so i think this happens if you have a family member back home because I left one of the toddlers back at the house and this happened to me.

Message 24 of 34 (1,985 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Endless Return from Daycare Notifications

★★ Novice
@parryotter Having the same problem. Had my toddler and her mother vacation at a lot in Sulani. I bought supplies (a toddler bed) when the option came up. I later invited another one of her children (an adult) to come visit, and then asked her to join the vacation (because she wasn’t taking care of herself). I tried to use the cheat “traits.remove_trait trait_AtDaycare” but apparently this solution doesn’t work anymore (the cheat was removed?), so I had to invite her to vacation to control her again. After that the toddler kept “coming back from daycare” every 10 seconds or so. Restarting the game didn’t fix it. No mods.
Message 25 of 34 (1,905 Views)

At Daycare and on Vacation

★★★ Newbie

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.74.59.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: Discover University, Seasons, Cats and Dogs Game Packs Realm of Magic, Vampires, Parenthood Stuff Packs: Laundry Day, Toddlers, Tiny Living Kits: Bust the Dust, Country Kitchen
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Have a toddler in a household 2.go on a vacation with toddler invited 3. wait for notifications
What happens when the bug occurs? many notifications pop up saying that "(Matt) has returned from daycare" and this will continuously pop up to the point my notifications are full.
What do you expect to see? I go on vacation, toddler comes too, notifications about him/her returning from daycare show up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I can't take any screenshots of the notifications so I can't add a picture.

Message 26 of 34 (1,888 Views)

Endless Return From Daycare Notifications On Vacation

★ Novice

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Discover University, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get Together, Seasons, Snowy Escape. Game Packs: Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Spa Day, StrangerVille, Vampires. Stuff Packs: Bowling Night, Cool Kitchen, Fitness, Kids Room, Laundry Day, Luxury Party, Moschino, Movie Hangout, My First Pet, Knitting, Romantic Garden, Tiny Living, Toddler Stuff, Vintage Glamour.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By taking a toddler on vacation to Mt Komerebi from the Snowy Escape pack.
What happens when the bug occurs? I get continuous "(blank toddler) has Returned from Daycare" notifications.
What do you expect to see? Not to receive notifications as the toddler is not at Daycare.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It started after the patch for Dream Home Decorator on 05/27/2021.

I've tested this multiple times now with my sim family and it occurs each time. So far as soon as I take my toddler sim with their family on vacation to Mt Komorebi I start receiving an endless stream of notifications stating that the toddler is "returning from daycare" when they are not in daycare and even though the family has not returned home to receive the notification for the toddlers who are at home. I've gone through and removed my cc and mods and this still occurs. I'd like a way to prevent this from happening.

Message 27 of 34 (1,861 Views)

Re: Endless Return From Daycare Notifications On Vacation

★★★ Apprentice

This is happening to me too. I play on PS4, all packs except Batuu. It’s so annoying and literally constant.

Message 28 of 34 (1,643 Views)

Re: Endless Return from Daycare Notifications

★ Guide

This happened to me last night. Took a family to Mt Komorebi without their pets and the entire three days I had constant toddler daycare notifications. I’m on XBox so no mods. Did not think this would be tied to not taking pets. May try having the pets join for the last day of their vacation tonight. 

Message 29 of 34 (1,613 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Endless Return from Daycare Notifications

★★★ Newbie

Exact same issue with notification about toddler on vacation. It is extremely distracting. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Message 30 of 34 (1,552 Views)