by parryotter

Original Post

Re: Endless Return from Daycare Notifications

Hero
@foxontherun7 Do you also have a pet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 34 (1,654 Views)

★ Novice

Hello! Try bringing the pet dog with you during vacation. It worked for me! I did not receive a single notif about returning from daycare. I did this just yesterday my sim family went on the snowy mountain for vacation for like a week and no problem at all. 

Another option is using a mod "Spend the weekend with" I get rid of my pet to be with another family while I go on vacation. They will be gone from my household list and I can go on vacation with my toddler and I didn't encounter the endless notification as well. 

Message 12 of 34 (1,638 Views)

★★ Novice

I do have a pet cat and I brought her on the vacation, but this bug stills happens.

Message 13 of 34 (1,607 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

So I was able to duplicate this but only if I had a pet in the household and left the toddlers at home.

Maybe there's some other constellations as reports seem to vary.

EDIT: now also seen it with a baby at home

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 34 (1,597 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm running into the same issue. Family went on vacation in Mt. Komorebi with their toddler and the notification keeps popping up. Pets left at home.

Message 15 of 34 (1,355 Views)

Non-stop Daycare Notifications

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? newest one
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all apart from star wars and realm of magic
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? go on vacation with toddler— i left my dog at home with a petsitter which may be connected to the problem.
What happens when the bug occurs? “[insert toddler name] has returned from daycare!” notification every second
What do you expect to see? no notifications
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. the newest patch with the added skintones

i went on vacation to mt. komorebi with my toddler and i keep getting a notification that they’ve returned from daycare every second, rather annoying. i do have a dog i left home with a petsitter, not sure if that has anything to do with it. i do have cc but it’s just recolours of ea meshes that i’ve done myself. 

tbh i haven’t used the vacation feature in a while but i’m pretty sure it’s to do with the new update, with the skintones. 

Message 16 of 34 (1,326 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Endless Return from Daycare Notifications

★★★★★ Apprentice

Same for me. No pets, and happens at any vacation lot! 

Message 17 of 34 (1,290 Views)

Pop-up saying toddler is returned from daycare while on vacation

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have them all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Send family on vacation to Mt.Komorebi with a toddler and the pop-up should pop up constantly
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing except for the pop-up saying "[Toddler] has returned from daycare!"
What do you expect to see? Not the pop-up popping up constantly
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. started after latest patch

This started happening the moment my family arrived to their vacation home in Mt. Komorebi. The pop-up come up every few second and it's making my game lag from all the pop-ups.

Message 18 of 34 (1,284 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Endless Return from Daycare Notifications

★★ Guide

Same here. Granite Falls and Batuu, no pets, sometimes a baby at home, sometimes not. Happens regardless.

Message 19 of 34 (1,233 Views)

Re: Vacation and toddler

★★ Novice

In a previous game session I took my adult sims on a week long vacation in the new Snow Escape world. I cut the vacation short and returned home. My kids were showing as "at daycare" even though they were appearing and clickable in the house. I traveled to different lots and even moved them in and out of the household (including moving my main sim out and adding the rest of the family back in). The only thing that happened was I got a "send to daycare" option instead. Otherwise, they remained in daycare. The only thing I could think of was to return to the vacation lot. When I did, there was an option to bring the kids on vacation with me. I clicked that option and thought everything was fine until I started getting constant "Aiden and Alexis have returned from daycare" notifications. It won't stop! 

I have no mods in my game. 

Message 20 of 34 (1,200 Views)