[FIXED] [CD] Editing vet outfits in CAS resets game progress

by Gracietbh

Original Post

Re: Lost progress- Cats & Dogs

★★ Guide

I just had the same thing happen - but I think my save (or the relationship) reverted when I greeted patients. A dog I had gotten to know well before I went to the clinic acted as if I just met them - also, my aspiration progress went back, as did the vet skill, and objects added to the clinic vanished - the business panel showed I'd never even opened it. I had edited the outfits, or tried to at least. Nothing changed even though I edited. If I greet the patient's owner instead of the pet, the relationship doesn't restart.

Message 11 of 58 (1,923 Views)

Business reset The Sims 4

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs City Living Get to Work Outdoor Retreat Cool Kitchen Stuff Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just create a business, edit a uniform or anything when you get far on and boom.
What happens when the bug occurs? The whole entire business gets erased back to stage one, you lose everything even the funds.
What do you expect to see? Maybe that it doesn't bloody break on me?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

It just bloody breaks doesn't it? you lose all your hard work in my case hours of work! the lot got reset back to normal, employees fired, funds removed and not given back, every little detail is gone because of whatever the hell caused this.

Message 12 of 58 (1,897 Views)

Re: Business reset The Sims 4

Hero

Hi @shain131

this is a known issue for the vet clinic. Are you seeing it on restaurants and retail as well ? I tested both at the time and they were fine.

I merged your thread for now but would be good to know if you're seeing it on those two or just the vet.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 58 (1,879 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah well, is there anything I can do to get my lost progress back? or do I just start again and save a lot more?

Message 14 of 58 (1,857 Views)

Hero
Did you loose more than since you last saved ? There isn't much you can do about it.

Basically, it's don't edit the clothing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 58 (1,855 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Editing vet outfits in CAS resets vet clinic

★★ Novice
I just had this too. All my skills reset, my relationships. A dog I’d adopted was removed from my household. Workers were fired, perk points lost and bits of the building were lost too. Basically it reset to just after I built my clinic except for a relaxation serum that stayed in my inventory. Does anybody know of any way to get back the progress or is it just a lost cause?
Message 16 of 58 (1,799 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Editing vet outfits in CAS resets vet clinic

Hero
Hi @IScreamMemeQueen

if you didn't save in between, it's lost, unfortunately.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 58 (1,765 Views)

Sims 4 Vet Clinic Reset?

★★★ Newbie

I just purchased the Dogs & Cats game expansion and have been playing for a few hours. I created a new household and then created a vet clinic. I mastered the vet skill and had the clinic at 4 stars. I went to look for the alternate vet coat that supposedly I purchased with perks and wasn't sure where to look, so I assumed I would have to create a custom uniform. I started doing that and searching around and never found it, so I clicked the x to cancel out. When it returned to the game my sim was on her home lot, not at the clinic, and it shut down my clinic because I suddenly had insufficient funds, had no employees, and my rating went back to 0 stars and no perks purchased. I was able to rehire one of my original workers and she retained her skill levels, but my sim has lost her vet skill and I basically have to restart, which is a bummer. Anyone else experience something like this? I didn't intermittently save so I don't have a save to go back to when the clinic was fine.

Message 18 of 58 (1,710 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Vet Clinic Reset?

Hero

Hi @kschrader02

this is a known issue, unfortunately. Just don't use edit outfits until it's fixed.

I've merged your post with existing thread. Please click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 58 (1,695 Views)

Lost game progress after changing Vet Clothes?

★★★ Newbie

Hello

So I went to assign different outfits to the Vets in my Clinic, and after I closed out of the CAS outfit modifier, the outfit wasn’t saved, and my sims were set back in their skill and career progress. However, everything I’ve done physically is still there, added furniture is the same, my Sim’s rocket is still built and upgraded even though her rocket science skill is gone and she can’t upgrade anymore. Any way to retrieve the progress??

Message 20 of 58 (1,697 Views)