Re: Vet Outfits Resetting Clinic

by Kauvii

Original Post

Re: Editing Vet Uniform Broke parts of my Save

★★★ Novice

I had the same problem, where the game progress would reset upon exiting the CAS for vet clinic uniforms.

What worked for me, after trying all of the solutions suggested in this thread, was deleting 2/3 of the basic uniforms before creating a new one. It still reset the game progress to the newest save game, but atleast it saved the outfit i created.

Message 31 of 58 (1,380 Views)

Re: Lost progress- Cats & Dogs

★★★ Newbie

My save can't reproduce this, but it just happened to me and it's now 2019 so I know the issue isn't solved. EVERYTHING is gone, including the money I'd invested and earned, all perks, all perks points, reputation, employees, my Sims vet skills, all training and relationship my Sim had with his dog (they were companions before the clinic reset but now are just neutral acquaintances). The time jumped back about five Sim hours and ported my sim to the back of the veterinary clinic lot in his everyday outfit when he had been in his vet scrubs before. This happened after I set a custom vet outfit. Once I hit the checkmark to submit the vet outfit changes, all of these dialogue boxes popped up as if I'd just bought the clinic. So now hours and hours of gameplay are gone. My Sim is worse off than he was before -- because all the money he'd invested is also gone and I'd have to reinvest  that initial 10k again. This is why I stopped playing the game for over a year -- so many game-breaking bugs that just suck the fun out of it.

Message 32 of 58 (1,270 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I am also trying to change the vet outfits and am having issues of this saving. But I also have noticed that some dirt terrain paint that I had placed down last night disappeared. Side note, the changes to my restaurant outfits saved, and only have noticed this issue from the vet. It's kinda inconvenient, but can work around it for now.

Message 33 of 58 (1,236 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It's saddening how this issue has been around for years and they never bothered fixing it...

Message 34 of 58 (1,217 Views)

★ Novice

This is still an issue today.

Message 35 of 58 (1,198 Views)

Re: Business reset The Sims 4

★ Novice
@shain131 The fact that this isn’t fixed yet is bloody sad
Message 36 of 58 (1,198 Views)

Vet Outfits Resetting Clinic

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.52.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and dogs, city living, get famous, get to work, get together, island living, seasons, dine out, parenthood, spa day, strangerville, vampires, luxury party stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Buy a vet clinic and go to change the outfit of the female vet (either edit a current one or create a new one)
What happens when the bug occurs? The clinic resets to as if you have just bought it (no new outfit is saved, previously hired vets disappear and the notification about buying a new clinic pops up)
What do you expect to see? I expect the outfit to be created and selected and for current employees to remain
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The clinic resets to as if you have just bought it (no new outfit is saved, previously hired vets disappear and the notification about buying a new clinic pops up). Unsure which update caused this

Message 37 of 58 (1,178 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

similar bug also happens with restaurants from dine out. im not sure about retail lots though.

Message 38 of 58 (1,171 Views)

Hero
@caramelxx1 merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

@Kauvii: Thread for restaurants is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-DO-Outfit-doesn-t-save/td-p/7865228/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 39 of 58 (1,150 Views)

★ Guide

This happens to me, too. My sims went through Harvestfest and on Friday when they went back to work, I bought the vet coat outfit with the points. I went to create the new uniform and upon exiting, the new uniform wasn't saved and it was Tuesday, 2 days before Harvestfest, and there was a negative balance in the vet clinic account and home funds were as they were on Tuesday. The money was just gone as though it had transferred out of the clinic and disappeared.

Message 40 of 58 (1,110 Views)