Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CD] Editing vet outfits in CAS resets game progress

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Outdoor Retreat, Backyard Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Change the outfits for veterinarian workers, hit "close" without making any changes.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game freezes up, respawn back at home lot, even though your sim was on their owned Vet, and lose all progress with Veterinarian, including all workers and skills. Went from level 8 to level 1.The time was also moved back around 2 hours.
What do you expect to see? Going back into livemode on the lot of the Vet lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

https://imgur.com/J01usW4

Message 1 of 58 (10,014 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Vet Outfits Resetting Clinic

[ Edited ]
Hero

Game progress will no longer be lost when editing/adding/deleting career outfits in Create a Sim.

Fixed in Patch 1.63.133/ Console 1.25

If you're on console and still have issues with uniforms, please use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/XB1-PS4-DO-CD-Editing-restaurant-vet-outfits-breaks-it-UI/m-p/...

If you're on PC/Mac, make a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 58 of 58 (3,984 Views)

All Replies

Re: Lost progress- Cats & Dogs

Hero

Hi @Gracietbh

I had no issues with that.

Did you create your own outfit or was it one of the standard ones ?

Are you playing a pre-patch save or a new one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 58 (9,921 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm not exactly sure when "pre-patch" was, sorry! I made this save yesterday. I went to the outfit creation screen, looked around at some of the clothing items, and then didnt change anything and hit "cancel"

Message 3 of 58 (9,906 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just logged in to play and when I went to go hire new workers after losing my older ones, I found one of my old workers with her same pay and skill level. All is not lost, but I still lost all perk points and reviews. I understand theres nothing to be done, but I just wouldn't want anyone else to experience it!

Message 4 of 58 (9,893 Views)

Hero

I will try this with going to cas. I just picked one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 58 (9,889 Views)

Hero

I was able to duplicate this issue

When you go in CAS, the vet clinic closes and the employes are fired. I still had all perk points and still owned the clinic.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 58 (9,875 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Editing vet outfits in CAS resets vet clinic

Hero

Added 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 58 (9,863 Views)

★★★ Novice

For me, I lost everything, and I found out I also lost all training progress with my animals.

Message 8 of 58 (9,857 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Yeah, sounds like a bad issue. Refrain from editing clothing in CAS for the vet (and possibly Dine Out and Retail) for the moment.

You can try recover save from the load menu to see if you have a save from before it happened.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 58 (9,855 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

If anyone has saves that can reproduce this, and is willing to send saves, my team would like to see them.  Instructions here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 10 of 58 (9,799 Views)