by Lailantie

Original Post

[OPEN] [CD] Dogs can’t do sit command

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Laundry Day Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Train a dog to sit and then ask it to sit from trained commands
What happens when the bug occurs? The dog has the “can’t reach/path” thought bubble and barks
What do you expect to see? The dog sits
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

In a new game I trained my dog the sit command but when I asked it to sit it says it can’t. I tried going into the pre-made households with dogs in Brindleton Bay to see if it was just that dog but those couldn’t sit either. Other commands still seem to work. I do play with mods/cc but I removed all my mods/cc and the command still doesn’t work. I also tried repairing my game via Origin. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 15 (5,663 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Dogs can’t do sit command

Hero
@ppunkins I can duplicate this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (5,648 Views)

Dogs Can't Sit Down

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, cats and dogs, city living, outdoor retreat, movie stuff, vintage stuff, bowling stuff, free holiday stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Train a dog to sit and then ask it to sit
What happens when the bug occurs? The dog will have a no space bubble over it's head
What do you expect to see? I expect the dog to sit for a certain amount of time
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My dogs won't sit AT ALL. Not on command and not on their own. This has been going on for so long. I think the animation is missing from my game but I don't know why. I removed all mods and tried this on both small and large dogs. It's probably not too important but I got sims 4 solely for dogs and love seeing my dogs perform mini 'routines' of my choice

Message 3 of 15 (5,618 Views)

★★★ Newbie

you didnt answer the question as too why

Message 4 of 15 (5,558 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict bro do you know why?
Message 5 of 15 (5,555 Views)

★ Guide
@ppunkins Bumped. Getting this bug too, no matter how much space is around the dog. It's like the sim is in the way?
Message 6 of 15 (5,509 Views)

★★★ Novice

Do you think this will ever be fixed?

Message 7 of 15 (5,277 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@AkitaGamer That's exactly what happens every time! I hope this get fixed at some point!
Message 8 of 15 (5,149 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The dog actually can sit during the training, but not after the command is learned.

Message 9 of 15 (4,755 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Dogs can’t do sit command

★★ Novice
@ppunkins Has this gotten fixed for you yet?? Lol a whole year later? I play on console & this bug is on my game too. & on every save, every household, it doesn’t matter.
Message 10 of 15 (3,911 Views)