by ayanariaishi

Original Post

[OPEN] [CD] Dogs: Weird jogging animation

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, StrangerVille, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Moschino, Laundry Day, Fitness, Bowling Night, Back Yard, Kid's Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Take a dog for a jog
What happens when the bug occurs? The dog doesn't run properly, the animation looks sped up and goofy.
What do you expect to see? The dog running normally. Like in this video https://youtu.be/izBQXt7Kips?t=58
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've tested it without any mods and it still happens.

Message 3 of 23 (2,772 Views)

Dogs have weird running speed when leashed

★★★★★ Novice

Since Island Living , whenever my sim has put a dog on the leash and runs somewhere, the Sim will run at normal speed whereas the dog will do the animation as if on 2x speed, with the legs going hammer and tongs, but staying at the same, normal speed. I've tried without mods, and it remains the same in vanilla Sims.

Message 1 of 23 (2,444 Views)

Re: Dogs have weird running speed when leashed

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Raenkri   I found two bug reports on dog animations. One is for dogs teleporting when on a walk, and in a leash:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Walking-dog-cause-random-teleportation/td-p/7972782

.. and one for general animal animation distortion:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Animation-Bug-with-animals/td-p/6413352/page/7

If any of these fits your issue, please click Me Too on the first post and describe your problem, adding screen shots. The SimGurus are asking for saves too, so if you can, please provide it. There is a description in the last post in the second thread on how to share a save with them. 

Message 2 of 23 (2,401 Views)

Re: Dogs have weird run animation when jogging with Sim

Hero
@Skaazilla Did it ever look differently ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 23 (2,710 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrictYes, It used to look like how the dog is running in the Youtube video I linked (it's from 2018). I'm not sure when it changed, but I first noticed it months ago (probably June or July) and it was obvious that's not how it should look.

That youtube video (https://youtu.be/izBQXt7Kips?t=58) is showing a small dog jogging with a Sim and the animation is totally normal, so I recorded a video of what a small dog looks like jogging with a Sim now

It's obvious the animation is going too fast.

Message 5 of 23 (2,698 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue and it's really annoying. I really don't know how to fix it.

Message 6 of 23 (2,666 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Dogs: Weird jogging animation

★★★★★ Apprentice

for me it happened after a patch, without any mods. I have mods now and they all work, I ensure that they're all updated and compatible with the game, this is definitely not on my end. For me this is still ongoing and has been for months. It looks very weird.  

Message 7 of 23 (2,533 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

The problem still exists - I've tried it with mods disabled after the newest patch.

I don't know when exactly this started but I believe it was at some point during Spring/Summer 2019.

The run animation speed is okay when the pet is solo (such as just running around or playing fetch) but gets sped up incorrectly when being taken for a jog.

Message 8 of 23 (2,474 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have this problem as well. I have never installed mods or cc! 

Message 9 of 23 (2,421 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Dogs: Weird jogging animation

★ Apprentice
I've got the same problem, too! It happens with big dogs, too, which makes zero sense since their legs are longer and they have no need to be running like that lol
Message 10 of 23 (2,350 Views)