Original Post

Highlighted

[OPEN] [CD] Dogs Body Distortion When Having Bath

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except My First Pet
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Wash a dog in any variety of bath tubs.
What happens when the bug occurs? Dog either sinks body into the bath, or glitches out and has half his body hovering out of the bath. I've tried this outside, in different locations, with different baths. On to of foundation, he will hover out of the bath, on the ground he will sink into it.
What do you expect to see? Dogs not sink into the bath or hover out of it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Video of glitch on foundation and video of glitch with many different baths on the ground. Both links below. 

https://youtu.be/THmLWSS9mVQ

https://youtu.be/JJQikHMAGss

Message 1 of 10 (1,756 Views)

Re: Dogs Body Distortion When Having Bath

Hero
This is an older issue.

We have a thread for this but I'm not sure if I should merge yet ... the other thread as multiple animation issues and some of them are fixed ...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (1,702 Views)

★ Guide

Ah, sorry, I looked around for reports on this but I must have missed that thread, didn't mean to repost an old issue. Thought it was newish as it's only just happened in my game now. 

Message 3 of 10 (1,695 Views)

Hero
It's fine. It might actually be good to have a new thread as the other has fixed and unfixed issues all mushed up now. Just haven't decided what to do :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (1,686 Views)

★ Guide

Ah okay, to avoid anymore trouble would it be okay for me to post all Cats and Dogs animation bugs into my thread here, if it helps? That way current animation bugs that haven't been fixed, at least for me, are recorded in a different thread for a while for reference for what hasn't been fixed?

Thanks again!

Message 5 of 10 (1,675 Views)

Hero
Let me get back to you on that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (1,668 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Added

@wobibobi

Let's handle them like that: Make one thread per object they occur 

So if you see any kinds of animation distortions related to bath tubs, put them in here. If they are related to toy boxes, make a new thread, etc.

Hope you know what I mean.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (1,640 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I am also having the bath issues.  I have no CC or mods and have never used them.

I have two large dogs, and their rear ends go way up in the air when being bathed and they're scrunched all the way to one end of the tub (as in the first video in the OP).  This happened in their old house with their old tub, and then another household I was playing moved their owner and the dogs in by marriage, so different lot, different style tub, same dogs... same problem.

I did not have this problem a few months ago; I remember giving large dogs baths just fine.

Message 8 of 10 (1,599 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Dogs Body Distortion When Having Bath

★★ Novice

Your bath tub.. is rotated the wrong way. I had this in my game and went looking for a fix, ended up trying to rotate the darn tub. Notice the little green arrows pointing at the wall? rotate it 180. I know for aesthetics it looks better with the faucet on THAT side.. but the game doesn't like it and your dog bugs out. I literally just found this a year later. Wow maxis.

Message 9 of 10 (1,458 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Dogs Body Distortion When Having Bath

Hero
Is anyone still seeing this issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (1,227 Views)