Re: [OPEN] [CD] Dog/Cat disappearing

by LU-KRE-CIA-LA

Original Post

★★★ Guide

You know, I even tried locking the doors for pets... they just "poof" out of the middle of the room. Least mine tells me where it's gone when I hover over the greyed out portrait at the bottom. My pet is rarely at home... always at someone else house. Guess my pets hate my sim. Guess I'll stop playing with pets till this gets fixed.

Message 301 of 437 (902 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Parneet312 They will disappear again, likely within the same (in-game) day.

I bought Sims 4 w/pets as a first timer bundle in March almost solely to relive "Unleashed" from when I last played the Sims in 2002-2004. I started getting pretty into it for a week or two and bought some other packs because it seemed like a really awesome game. Then Eco Lifestyle dropped. I didn't buy it but ever since that update my pets (2 dogs, 1 cat) disappear and I have to travel to get them back only for them for stay less than 5 irl minutes. It's pretty bloody upsetting! I may have got attached to pixels but that's what we were supposed to feel, right?!?
Message 302 of 437 (842 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Eco Lifestyle has some awesome content, but it has been ravaging my game play. The new patch fixed a lot, but the pets, like everyone else is saying, is still a huge issue. I'd wait a bit, let them work the kinks out, then buy it.

Message 303 of 437 (819 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
If at least one could choose not to update the game if the expansion is not going to be purchased, it would be interesting since with each update many more problems appear than they fix.
Message 304 of 437 (766 Views)

Re: Missing Pets after Eco update

★ Apprentice

It isn't a permanent fix, but I have found that when they disappear, if you go to your relationships, you can call them back like you would call a sim friend.

Message 305 of 437 (746 Views)

Re: Missing Pets after Eco update

★★★ Apprentice

I loaded up the game the other day, and started playing with a sim who's dog had been disappearing regularly. Now when I loaded up I was asked which sim I wanted to play with, but only my sim (not the dog) was selectable so of course I chose him. He was at his friend's house and the dog was at home. I called the dog to my sim and they hung out for a while at the friend's house enjoying a meal. Now I'm not sure any of that is relevant, but in all the time I've played so far (a good few sim days) the dog hasn't disappeared... Fingers crossed

Message 306 of 437 (694 Views)

Dog Glitching as Null

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.28
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Pets, Seasons, Discover University , Spa Day, Realm of magic, Dine Out
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It is randomly when this occurs, one minute the dogs will be there and then they just disappear and instead of running away or going to a different location. For a period of time they will be "null".
What happens when the bug occurs? The dogs just disappear with the word "null" as their location. I can't call them back. It takes time for them to re appear.
What do you expect to see? I expect my dogs to stay in the world at all times other than if and when they run away as they sometimes do.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

No additional information. 

Message 307 of 437 (678 Views)

Re: Dog Glitching as Null

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

In a call now with EA... Will update this as they tell me things to try, so as you guys can mark off what you can do too to get this resolved...Fingers crossed

"More people need to post the problem to raise awareness. The more posts = more awareness!

Disappointed

Message 308 of 437 (627 Views)

★★ Pro

@LisaLadybirD82  Okay here is my next post. I have a problem where I can't have a single SIM own a pet. I want a single SIM owning a single cat. When I try to do that the cat constantly teleports away and graying out their portrait. Whistling sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. Calling them on the phone sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. Having to change lots to get my cat back for at most a SIM game hour before they are gone again is unacceptable. Eco Lifestyle broke the pets. We want them to work the way they did before. Staying at home unless they are neglected or have the traits to run away. This isn't a case of running away. This is a case of you have pets with green portraits and are happy disappear. I don't know how many people have to report this for it to be important enough to get a fixed.

It's broken. Simple as that. Entirely broken. Try it yourself. Play a few SIM weeks on 3 speed and you are going to see the problem start up and be unrelenting when it does. Don't want to wait for it to start up, ask for saves where it already started and see the problem immediately. People have tried fixing their games, aren't playing with mods or CC, in some cases never had mods or CC and are starting new games. We want our pets back and it shouldn't need 500 posts to get when there clearly a big problem. An entire pack is not playable on any level. To me that's a code red emergency not a "We need more posts to take it seriously."

Message 309 of 437 (581 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@PriestessAvenara Unsure why the post was aimed at me specifically, but I am posting in this thread, as, like all here, I am in the same boat....hence why I  called them.

It was the Eco patch on June 10th that started some bugs.

Get posting people!

Message 310 of 437 (692 Views)