Re: [OPEN] [CD] Dog/Cat disappearing

by LisaLadybirD82

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice
Another way is to go to the friends part and ask the cat (or dog) to come back. The sim calls by phone, but according to what I have read, sometimes he replies that at that moment he cannot or something like that (I don't know very well why I used this method once and he came back). It is not a free game, this should be solved immediately.
Message 271 of 437 (614 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@LU-KRE-CIA-LA I'm wondering now if it might have anything to do with the adventurous trait.
Message 272 of 437 (602 Views)

★★ Guide

@kriggin1  Most of us don't have that on our pets. Even so, if it was, we'd be able to call themFrown

Message 273 of 437 (591 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I have removed that trait because I thought the same, but no ... they continue to disappear. I keep following the cat around to see what it does before it disappears, apart from changing the trait periodically. I can't find any clues at the moment
Message 274 of 437 (791 Views)

Cat keeps dissapearing from lot

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Eco Living and Realm of Magic
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a cat in your household. Play the game normally in either house or apartment (doesnt matter, my sim has lived in both with the same cat)
What happens when the bug occurs? The cats icon gets greyed out and just dissapears from the lot. The cat doesnt come back unless you use the whistle. This usually happens to the cat 2-5 times a day. Its just this one cat. When you hold your mouse over the cats icon when its greyed out (not click, just hold) it says a random adress in any world. At first i thought the cat was running away, but I never got a notification that it was.
What do you expect to see? That the cat doesnt just dissapear from the lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

(Im not sure how often this bug happens since it has just happened with one animal, so my guess is rarely)

Message 275 of 437 (749 Views)

Re: Cat keeps dissapearing from lot

★★ Pro

I invited a SIM to live with me, merged him in, and so far in a SIM week my cat has not grayed out on me and disappeared. So if you are up to playing two adult SIMs, this seems like a work around. It's more work and I would have preferred to play just one SIM with her cat like I used to, but it's nice to always have my cat around now so I guess I'll put up with it. It's not the fix I want, but I suppose it's something which is better than nothing.

Message 276 of 437 (707 Views)

Re: Cat keeps dissapearing from lot

★★★ Newbie

I have had a friend move in, a boyfriend/girlfriend, fiance, and even gotten married, but this still happens every time. I'm glad you have found a fix for your game, but it's certainly not a universal one.

Message 277 of 437 (697 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same thing happens to me regardless of how many pets I have. They've done this for a long time and I just assumed they were not happy or something, but they all run away at the same time and there's no notification that they ran away. Their icon is still there, but it's grayed out and I can't call them back. There's also no option to report a missing pet like there used to be. Even when I am giving them attention, like examining them when they are sick or even in the middle of playing fetch, they'll all just vanish. It makes the Animal Lover's goal next to impossible because I can't train out misbehaviors if they're not even there. This has been happening for a long while now, but I'm finally to the point that it's irritating me enough to report it (I usually just put up with bugs, but this directly interferes with game play.) I have experienced this issue with dogs, cats, foxes, and raccoons, pets with and without independent and adventurous traits, and in all maps available to me. I have tried locking my doors for pets, fencing in my entire yard and locking the gate, once I even got desperate and had all of my pets and sim inside (she was a writer, so she didn't need to go to work) and removed all of the doors and windows for a short time. Even in doing all of these things, the pets still disappeared and will only return if my sim travels somewhere and comes back. 

Game Version: PC: 1.63.136.1010 (no custom packs or mods)

Expansion packs I have installed:

- Island Living

- Get Famous

- Seasons

- Cats and Dogs

- Get to Work

Game Packs I have installed:

- Realm of Magic

- Jungle Adventure

- Vampires

- Dine Out

- Spa Day

- Outdoor Retreat

Stuff Packs I have installed:

- Tiny Living Stuff Pack

- My First Pet Stuff

- Laundry Day Stuff

- Vintage Glamour Stuff

- Luxury Party Stuff

Message 278 of 437 (693 Views)

Re: sims 4 June 2020 update pet issue

★★ Novice

This is happening to me as well. It started with the update that happened with launch of the eco lifestyle game

Message 279 of 437 (654 Views)

Re: sims 4 June 2020 update pet issue

★ Guide

This is happening to me too, to the point where I no longer play with pets at all. So glad I spent all that money to enjoy them for a whole three days, only to have to abandon all the households that have them! /s

Message 280 of 437 (597 Views)