Re: [OPEN] [CD] Dog/Cat disappearing

by Simalleyaile

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 Pets Disappearing

★ Novice

My cats are doing the same thing and I can't call them back. They only are home when I just load save and then disappear Frown I thought it was only my problem but I see more peaople have this problem.

Message 251 of 437 (697 Views)

★ Pro

Brand new vanilla Save. Moved single Sim into The Shipping Views in Evergreen Harbor. Played for a few days and then gave them a cat via CAS. No problems for a few days and then the cat began disappearing. Mostly to other lots. Once it starts, it never stops.

Screen Shot 2020-06-28 at 4.39.38 PM.jpeg

Deleted that save and started a new vanilla Save. This time I started by giving my Sim a cat. Moved them into The Shipping Views. Was able to go a Sim week with no problems and then the cat started disappearing. 

Screen Shot 2020-06-28 at 11.51.57 PM.jpg

As long as the cat is shown to be at a lot, they can be "called." If no location is shown that option isn't available. Neither cat had traits that would cause them to roam. Was able to become "Companions" with both cats and kept them both as happy as possible. 

Traveling fixes this, but not permanently. I sent Sim and cat to Desert Bloom for the day. The cat disappeared repeatedly from the park. Called it back. Disappeared. Called it back. Disappeared. Called it back.... Sometimes it seemed it was visiting all the lots in game alphabetically (not really). 

Message 252 of 437 (650 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have quit playing the sims 4 because of this.  I really enjoy the cats and dogs and it has become so annoying that I just stopped playing.  Until this is fixed I will not play sims 4.  I have seen so many other problems due to the new eco pack that have not been reported either.  Things like build mode where you have issues placing items and walls.  Will not go into too much detail here as this is for the pet problem glitches.  

Message 253 of 437 (644 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This is happening in my game too - it's not game-breaking - sometimes the dog will come back if I whistle it home, but sometimes it won't. Also, I find that if I travel anywhere and then return to my lot, the dog will be back.

At first I thought it had run away, but then I actually watched it disappear while my Sim was walking it, and then it's just randomly doing whatever and it'll be gone, often when my sim is at work.

The dog is a chihuahua, if that matters.

Message 254 of 437 (977 Views)

★★★ Pro

My pets disappear but they respawn in the apartment next to the one I am in when I play the game:

06-28-20_10-55-37 PM.png

Message 255 of 437 (963 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

It's definitely not running away, it's literally before your eyes vanishing into thin air, mid-run even. When you hover over the dog's icon, it says he's at a real lot - i.e. names the lot. So I sent my sim to the actual lot, knocked on their door, but nope, dog was not at that lot and his icon was still greyed out, still stating he was at that lot. I sent the sim back home and the dog was out front waiting. Both my households in Oasis springs have had this bug. (haven't played in other 'hoods yet).

Message 256 of 437 (933 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I have paid a lot of money for this game and all its expansions and it doesn't work. It takes months to fix the bugs like they're doing us a favor.
Message 257 of 437 (882 Views)

Re: Dog disappearing

★ Novice

The same thing happens to me. I have a cat so I locked the door for all cats and he hasn't yet left. But that's not realistic for dogs I suppose unless they can only go into the backyard? I haven't checked!

Message 258 of 437 (816 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I have experienced the same issue. Pets will disappear. It's not running away, it's literally vanishing into thin air during an interaction such as a walk or playing with the pet. Often the pet is grayed out and it doesn't say where they are, nor will the whistle work to get them back. For roaming pets, they will often leave the lot to explore but you can see their location when you hover over their icon. This time I have two cats, one of them I literally just adopted and both suddenly vanished--but their icons are green and there's no location. Whistle doesn't work either. I can imagine they run off to explore the area based on their traits, but mid-interaction it's a bit strange and seems like a bug to me. At least they are happy wherever they are, based on the green icon?? Sometimes I have pets that are literally gone for days, without a hint as to where they may be and the whistle not bringing them back.

sims cats.PNG

UPDATE: by now I adopted 3 cats (one of them even has the trait where they like to stick close to their owner!!), and they are all gone literally most of the time (days in a row!) without a location available and the whistle not bringing them back. They seem to disappear in the middle of an interaction, such as hug. My toddler wanted to hug one kitten, and then that kitten and all others pets simultaneously disappeared. Frown Please fix this.

Message 259 of 437 (725 Views)

Sims4 Glitching on PS4

★★★ Novice

I have pets. When my Sim is carrying out a task, such as playing fetch, the game glitches. The pet is no longer on the property, norinor the world, walking around. On the Sim Pet icon, it has its name then 'null' underneath it. I have used cheats. 

Message 260 of 437 (695 Views)