Re: sims 4 June 2020 update pet issue

by mariahkaye13

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Dog/Cat disappearing

★★★★★ Novice

@EmeraldLaura  Where is best to follow for bug fix updates? Somewhere in Answers HQ? Sorry, I'm new Embarrassed

Message 241 of 437 (730 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Kaeake i think you should watch daily to the TS4 homepage under updates, also in this forum at general discussion may be an announcement i guess
Message 242 of 437 (709 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It's weird. My pets have been disappearing ever since the update in June But Im now playing with a new family and they have a dog and he hasn't disappeared yet and I have been playing with this family for many days now (real life days.. not sims days) the only difference is that its a couple with a dog.. all my other sims were all single sims.. I don't know why this is happening. 

Message 243 of 437 (608 Views)

Sims 4 Pets Disappearing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Sims 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Fix the pets disappearing, I found some forums that are experiencing the same issue.
What happens when the bug occurs? Pets disappear completely although I did not command them to and they don't run away they walk in the middle of the house and then "poof" gone in the middle of the hallway etc.
What do you expect to see? My pets are with me after loading the game several times and they disappear in front of me, not run away and the doors for them to leave are locked for pets. Its a glitch in the game.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The recent patch fro 06/26/2020 and buying Sims Eco life expansion pack.

SIMS 4 PETS DISAPPEAR OFF LOT

I reloaded it so many times and started the game multiple times, my pets keep disappearing off the lot (not run away). I lock the door for pets and iIsee them walk in the house and then "boom" they disappear out of nowhere and call them. Please fix this. 

Thank you!

Edit By Crinrict: Removed all-caps from title

Message 244 of 437 (1,002 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Mine are doing the same thing! You can't call them back with the whistle command, and when I restart the game (if they return) they start at the very front of the lot like they were traveling. If I play the game for too long like that then, when I restart the game/play again, my animals may be sick or at least will not be happy (red emotions).

Message 245 of 437 (928 Views)

Hero (Retired)

My cat does the same, but I can easily fix it. I just choose a picture of a cat and I click on the "call" option. It always works and the cat appears in front of the house immediately. I checked it in two saves

Message 246 of 437 (811 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Pets Disappearing

★★ Novice

My pet is doing the same thing as all these other people. I first noticed it when I walked into the room where my cat was. I keep the cat's litter box, food, and cat tree there. I did the "feel the love" pet option, then was standing there afterward and suddenly my sim snapped for a moment into a T-stand animation, and the cat vanished. My sim recovered from the T-stand anim and could move again, but the cat was just gone, and the icon was grayed out. The whistle did absolutely nothing.

Like with the others, this was NOT a case of the cat running away. This cat does not have a trait to make her run off or go missing. She's got a full affinity bar and is listed as a companion, so there's no reason for her to run off. Not only did she not respond to the whistle, but summoning her as a FAMILIAR didn't work because she was "too far away". She did not run out of the room. She vanished as if TELEPORTING out. Just BAMF! Gone!

I can get her back by traveling and selecting her to go with me. Just in case, the last time this happened I traveled to the Brindleton animal hospital and got her a checkup, since I saw in the forum that an animal that vanishes like that sometimes becomes sick.

This bug is very annoying. Please fix it ASAP!

Message 247 of 437 (785 Views)

★ Guide

I’m having this issue too. No the pet hasn’t ran away. It’s currently at the goths lol you have to call them on their phone (because all the cool cats have mobile phones right?) 

im actually really effed off with this one.

—T

Message 248 of 437 (782 Views)

★ Novice

Having this issue too, caused a game error that froze the game for a minute when they disappeared while the sim was holding a cat. Really annoyed at this as its been happening for close to a month now and renders the main point of the cats and dogs pack useless.

PC, no mods, all expansions, game and stuff packs.

Message 249 of 437 (754 Views)

Re: sims 4 June 2020 update pet issue

★★★★★ Novice

Have they fixed this? No matter what I do my pets keep disappearing. I can travel to another lot with them and then travel home and they stay for like a day then disappear again. I get no notifications, I can't click the whistle, they aren't runaway missing pets according to the game, only traveling brings them back temporarily. This is so annoying. And I get notifications that I've successfully trained them in something but they never actually learn. 😒

Message 250 of 437 (694 Views)