Re: [OPEN] [CD] Dog/Cat disappearing

by SmoggyLambGG

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Dog/Cat disappearing

★★★★★ Apprentice

This is occurring with my game as well, except it's for a cat I added to the household via Create a Sim, and it's only after they haven't been interacted with for a while.
Running build 1.63.136.1010 of the game with all packs except for Eco Lifestyle. At least have the game tell me what's going on when this happens! The relationship bar between the pet and the owner is above 50, also there isn't an option to make your Sim a pet parent to said animal.

Message 161 of 437 (740 Views)

Re: Indoor pets

★ Apprentice

Ok so I logged on to play today and my cat literally vanished into thin air. Like, seriously. I was staring at it with the doors locked for all pets and it literally vanished and ended up outside. Also this happened. That’s literally him right in front of me while his photo says he’s somewhere else. Right after this is when he literally disappeared. This has got to not be normal.

Message 162 of 437 (675 Views)

★ Apprentice

Just adopted a dog and he did the same thing.

Message 163 of 437 (654 Views)

★★ Pro

You aren't alone. There is actually a whole thread dedicated to this so if you wouldn't mind terribly, could you possibly hit the "Me too" button there? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Dog-Cat-disappearing/m-p/9171495#M133667 

Message 164 of 437 (785 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Thank you! I was trying to find a thread like this cause I figured I couldn’t be the only one! When can I find out when it gets fixed? Right now the bugs are making it hard for me to play.

I have two cats and a dog and it does the exact same thing. Even when I lock the doors. Sometime I will literally see my animals just banish from the spot they were standing and it will say in the bottom that they’re in another location. Like, what!?

I have the same problem with my cats and dog. I’ve ended up having to resort to inviting them to hang out back home. But sometimes they won’t come cause they’re sleeping. It’s weird.

Message 165 of 437 (782 Views)

★★ Pro

@1J2S3D  Unfortunately I don't work for EA, have any contacts there, and so far no one from EA has posted on that thread to even acknowledge they've seen there is a problem. I'm very hopeful that this is fixed soon. People have found creative ways to get their pets back, but they will soon vanish again. Some travel to another lot with their pet and back to their home lot, some find their pet in their relationship panel and choose the option to hang out (yes suddenly pets think they are people haha) and this brings them back, a FEW people are able to use the whistle by their pet's portrait to call them back. Two people reported that asking someone to live with them has fixed the problem. Otherwise, for everyone else it seems they are either giving up on having pets until the bug is fixed or just continually bringing the pets back and tolerating the bug.

I assure you that you are also not alone in feeling like the bugs are making the game unplayable. For the second day in a row I've found myself more drawn to reading the bug forums to try and gather information to help people, than play my game. I haven't played in two days because the bugs are just making me feel sad...but at least here I can feel some connection to the game and other simmers in an environment that isn't bugged.

Message 166 of 437 (771 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I’ve been doing the Invite to Hang Out one but it’s odd when I call them on my cell phone and they reply that they’re sleeping and don’t come. I JUST WANT TO HAVE INDOOR CATS!

I was so looking forward to playing the game but now I can’t do that so I’m hoping I can get more info somewhere on when there will be a fix. Thank you so much for taking the time to chat with me and try to help!

Message 167 of 437 (770 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@1J2S3D  I'm sorry, but no one told me they'll actually pull the "What? I'm sleeping! Call back later!" response SIMs give when it's late. That one really did make me laugh. Someone get them a lowering IQ treat like they have for small pets stat! They really do think they are people now. Oh my god!

Edit: No trouble at all. It was a pleasure talking with you. Standard smile

Message 168 of 437 (764 Views)

★ Apprentice

I’ve also found my Sim can’t jog with my dog as well. They’ll just stand there with the leash on. I’ll get the Energizing Moodlet and they’ll get relationship points but they’ll do nothing but stand there in place. Just one of the many bugs that are making it hard for me to do much with the game. Thought that might make you smile. It’s a funny image.

Message 169 of 437 (774 Views)

★★ Pro

@1J2S3D  You're right. That WAS hilarious. No one told me about that one either. I think I'd look down at my dog and go "So...getting some good exercise standing there are you? Yes? Well happy to please!"

Message 170 of 437 (733 Views)