Re: Cat null

by meretelizabeth

Original Post

Cat null

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? SP08: 1.assets.live-sp08.156
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Laundry Day, Fitness, Bowling, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party, Holiday celebration and Grim’s guitar.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Cats in an apartment, it’s happened each time now, have moved numerous households but still the same outcome.
What happens when the bug occurs? The cat goes missing, you cannot call it back and it doesn’t change. They reappear if you move households but then disappear again.
What do you expect to see? The cat at home unless advised to go out and not disappearing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Photos attached of problem. 

Message 131 of 437 (1,071 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Dog/Cat disappearing

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I finally experienced this after my Sim had taken both of their family's dogs to the vet clinic. The treatment went fine for both, but shortly after they were nowhere to be found on the lot as if they just disappeared. I was able to travel home though and both dogs showed up on the home lot and haven't disappeared since. Very strange.

Message 132 of 437 (1,104 Views)

★★ Guide

Me too (And clicked)
No CC..but all started after the June 10th update.
3 kittens and 2 cats...just disappear. They come back, outside after i have traveled or leave the game...I pick them up, bring them in...play, feed hug, pet....as many as i can before *Poof* just vanish again.
Can't call them, can't locate them...just...gone

Message 133 of 437 (1,092 Views)

Re: Pets randomly travel and cannot leave through door

★★★★★ Apprentice
if you enter the CUS when you return to the game the pet appears
Message 134 of 437 (1,085 Views)

Re: Pets Randomly disappearing from home lot

★★ Novice

This problem keeps happening to me as well. I created a pet via CAS, with no adventurous trait, and the pet will just disappear off of our home lot. We live in Sulani, and my pet is a puppy. The puppy can't even go up and down stairs yet, which leads up to the front entrance (back door is a deck onto the water.) Sometimes, travelling with a pet to another lot makes the pet reappear when the "call"/whistle option doesn't work, but having to do this when it's like 2am in-game is annoying and shouldn't be happening at all...

Not sure what to say except that I feel your pain, and I hope that the Sims team fix this sooner than later...

Message 135 of 437 (1,079 Views)

Re: Pets Randomly disappearing from home lot

★★★★★ Apprentice
I stopped playing with families that have kittens or puppies, it is very frustrating to find mistakes like this in a game that costs a lot of money
Message 136 of 437 (1,057 Views)

Re: Dog dissapearing

★★★ Novice

I have the same issue but with a Cat and the whole time i play, since i updated in the June patch and started playing Eco Lifestyle.

My cat is NEVER on the lot at all unless i call her back then she will stay for a minute and disappear right from the spot.

For example the last time was from the bathroom, i have auto lights on and the bathroom lights stay on as if the cat is still there but the icon is grayed out and says her location. 

She isn't lost, she is just NEVER on my home lot.

Message 137 of 437 (1,007 Views)

Re: Cat null

★★ Novice

My cat keeps disappearing and getting labeled “null” too, though I’m on a micro home lot. No CC, on Xbox.

Message 138 of 437 (920 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Just going to add that I have had this issue since the patch as well. Only experienced this after the patch on 10/06 and thought it was a one-off but it kept happening. 

I have four dogs currently, two small and two big dogs. They do not disappear one at a time. They all disappear at once and often go to the same place. The issue is exactly how it has been described in the other replies in this thread: the dogs randomly disappear (they do not walk out of the front door, they just vanish where they are), they are greyed out, cannot be called back with the whistle and the only way to get them back is to invite them over. The dogs do not have any independent traits or any traits that would warrant them leaving in such a way on their own accord. No "running away" notification appears and no option to report missing pet is available on the computers. 

It is happening very frequently to the point that there is no point in calling them back any more. I may call one back at a time but still they will disappear at random. I have not noticed any particular interaction or patterns leading to their disappearances, it appears to be at random. They do not come back on their own. There are no last exception files.

Message 139 of 437 (894 Views)

★★ Pro

I created an adult cat in CAS, mind you I used the CAS cheat and the save was already in progress. I also had the vanishing kitty routine happening. I could call the pet back with the whistle and he too would seem to go to places. While grayed out you could hover over his picture and it would say a different place every time. After having this happen multiple times in the span of 5 minutes, I promptly went back into CAS and deleted him. I figured, he wasn't in the house most of the time anyway so if I couldn't enjoy his company there was no point in keeping him around!

Mind you, before the Eco Lifestyle's first update, I had a different save file for months with an male adult cat and this never happened. Just before the update, while I was still playing that save before switching to a new one specifically for the new expansion, I even added in a female kitten and she too remained on the lot. I mean who wouldn't when your litterbox is always zapped clean, you are cooked gourmet meals every day, and even though your portrait is green and Mommy KNOWS you don't need the attention she drops everything to give you more because you are such an affectionate kitty?

When you go from so much kitty love you are smothered to "ghost kitty" (obviously not the actual dead ghost cats), you kinda feel neglected yourself and too sad to watch it happen over and over again. "LET ME SPOIL YOU DARN IT! I promise you I'll give you the world on a silver platter!" *poof* "..."

Message 140 of 437 (866 Views)