Pets Randomly disappearing from home lot

by llexiAutumnn

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Dog/Cat disappearing

★★★★★ Novice

I have had the same issue. definitely its due to the new update.

I moved in someone else into my household and my dog greyed out. I used the cellphone to invite over, I think? and that's how I got that to temporarily fix...

Message 91 of 437 (1,857 Views)

Re: Pets randomly travel and cannot leave through door

★★★★★ Novice

my dog also goes off lot randomly all the time, first i thought he maybe got stuck when i was travelling, but just now as i was going to pet him he suddenly dissapeared...

i also saw him be gone one time and he was on the lot "journeys end"

Message 92 of 437 (1,836 Views)

★★ Guide

I've had the same thing happening, but what I find interesting is that just like jeni2810, mine was fixed by asking a sim to move in with the household. 

Adding another pet to the household from library did not do anything, they both kept vanishing.

Asking another sim to join the household through dialogue options, and then pop-up manage households fixed it. I have now weeks of sim-days played after that, and the pet hasn't gone missing anymore. 

Message 93 of 437 (1,971 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Lumiasta Did you kept the new sim? The bug is happening for me on a Sim that I want to live alone for now. I don't want that Sim to have roomate/family yet. Thanks!
Message 94 of 437 (1,966 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hmm I think today's patch fixed it. Maybe. Need some more testing.

Message 95 of 437 (1,953 Views)

Re: Missing Pets after Eco update

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem!! very annoying! do you have mods or cc instaled aswell? I updated the my game just now with the new patch (june 10th 2020) and it is still happening. Playing with pets in the sims is my fave so I hope they will fix it very soon! does anyone know a temporary fix? a mod maybe? I tried a lot.. deleted most of my mods that where pet related and tried all the gameplay options like locking the doors or calling my pet back I can only get my pet back when i travel with it but then when I come home with it, it will 'poof' dissepear again after a few minutes.

Message 96 of 437 (1,929 Views)

★★ Novice

This has started happening to me all the time now. Dogs just vanish right out of their beds or wherever they are. They do not come back until I reload by travelling. I have had to stop playing with dogs because it is too upsetting. Very sad. If I have two dogs, they both vanish at the same time, never only one. I play with no mods, no cc. I have a good laptop with no crashing of the game and no other problems. My first real problem. Love the game.

Message 97 of 437 (1,910 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'm also having this problem. Was about to submit a report but found this thread.

I have a puppy (black lab) and a kitten (calico). Attaching files showing their traits.

For me using the whistle does make them return. However OP described exactly what is happening to me, except using the whistle does call them back. However, My dog is adventurous, but I've had these traits on animal sims before and this bug never has happened. Granted I haven't played with pet sims for awhile. But when I've had that as a trait, the animals would at least walk off the lot. The animals just literally pop off and disappear out of nowhere. Sometimes this happens while in the middle of an interaction with my sim. He has petted, hugged, interacted with them, then all of a sudden he puts them down and *poof* they're gone. Not running away as they are taken care of.

I added these animal sims via CAS and not adopting them. The dog and cat disappear at the exact same time as well. The cat doesn't have a trait that would allow it to explore (to my knowledge anyway).

I do use CC but nothing that would affect animal sims. The last time I played with animal sims was in March, and the dog didn't have this problem when he was alive or when he became a ghost dog.

Message 98 of 437 (1,901 Views)

★ Novice
@LadyLou94 I’m having the same problem except my sim lives in San Myshuno apartments Frown
Message 99 of 437 (1,895 Views)

Pets Randomly disappearing from home lot

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, Get to Work, Parenthood, Tiny Living, Laundry Day, Toddler Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff and Perfect Patio Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I’m not sure, I haven’t done anything but have my pet on the lot, it happens to all pets.
What happens when the bug occurs? Pet will be perfectly fine and then grey out on the bottom of the screen and completely disappears from the lot, can sometimes call it back and it will reappear on the sidewalk. Most times it disappears permanently.
What do you expect to see? Pets should not randomly disappear permanently.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My pets will disappear from any of my homes or lots without moving or doing anything specific.

Message 100 of 437 (1,786 Views)