by Meegatron16

Original Post

Re: Pets going “null”

★★ Novice
@Jenn_in_Culinary Same thing happening here on my xbox one
Message 81 of 437 (1,323 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I've had the same issue today. I posted about it on the Eco Footprint Bug thread as it happened while I was testing that. For me it seems to be triggered by using the vet station to examine a sick pet. I have now twice had all 5 cats instantly disappear from the lot after I have tried to examine a sick cat. This is what I originally wrote on that thread.

"I was happily playing with my hermit sim, when all her cats disappeared. In an instant! Ivy had just woken up and was pottering about. I noticed one of her cats was sick, so I clicked on him and selected 'start examining' as Ivy is a vet. Nothing happened. So I tried again, and then all the cats vanished! Their icons were greyed out as if they'd run away or were out exploring. Calling them had no effect, clicking on their food bowls to call them to eat didn't have that option. Having just spent a long time making the other lots on her island as environmentally friendly as possible and having not saved them (whoops!), I didn't really want to quit without saving. So I had all of them visit another lot together. This brought back all the cats".

"It's happened again! Trying to examine a pet on the vet station resulted in all of them disappearing. Oddly I was able to examine and treat the original sick cat before, althought not without problems. The first examination resulted in the cat jumping off the table and going up 2 floors to play with another, but the action wasn't cancelled on my sim's list. Cancelling it and trying again worked."

Oddly enough each treatment, or attempt at treatment, required 2 tries. The first would not work but the pets would remain. The on the second attempt all the cats disappeared on 2 occasions, but on the 3rd occasion I was successful in treating the cat. I've invited the cats over again and have treated the sick cat. However the stars flying round his head remain! This is what I get for breaking my policy of never buying an expansion while it's brand new!

This is on a brand new Median Erazer laptop. I have a large collection of CC which includes: unlocked buydebug items, several of Bakie's animated wildlife mods, Kawaistacie's farming mod, assorted walls and floors, custom plants, custom paintings and a fix for pets spamming sims with attention.

I have the following packs: Get Together, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Eco Lifestyle, Outdoor Retreat, Dine Out, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Realm of Magic, Cool Kitchen, Movie Hangout, Backyard, Vintage Glamour, Toddler, Laundry Day, My First Pet, Moschino, Tiny Living.

Message 82 of 437 (1,261 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Do the sims team check these forums? I have not experienced a bug like this before but want it fixed ASAP 😔

Message 83 of 437 (1,435 Views)

Cats disappearing

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Realm Of Magic, Get to Work, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have cats, play, currently living within the cats and dogs town.
What happens when the bug occurs? cats will randomly disappear from lot and become grayed out. Wont return unless you travel somewhere with them. Come back to lot. Will disappear again within a day. They don't leave the lot, they pop out of existence.
What do you expect to see? They shouldnt pop out of existence and not come back. They are not running away.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

cats will randomly disappear from lot and become grayed out. Wont return unless you travel somewhere with them. Come back to lot. Will disappear again within a day. They don't leave the lot, they pop out of existence. They are not running away. They will not come back otherwise.

Message 84 of 437 (1,427 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Dog/Cat disappearing

★★★★ Guide
@LadyLou94 i have this aswell. they dont run away or exploring and they dont come back when you call them. definetley a bug
Message 85 of 437 (1,405 Views)

Taco The Dog Disappears Randomly to Other Locations

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every single one newest being eco living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a pet
What happens when the bug occurs? I have a dog named Taco (in the sims not in real life obviously idk why I had to clarify) she disappears to random locations at random times. She will stay gone for days (if I can’t call her back) and I can’t call her back at times. For example she’ll disappear to the lighthouse. When it allows me to call her home she returns with influence points. I have no idea what Taco is doing but I wish she’d stop
What do you expect to see? I expect Taco to be the couch potato chihuahua she is and stay home not disappear to the lighthouse and other places randomly
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have no pictures of my dog disappearing I’m sorry I wasn’t prepared for this question 

Message 86 of 437 (1,375 Views)

Re: Cats disappearing

★★★★ Apprentice

This is happening to me as well, I have all packs installed including Eco and no mods. I'm playing a household with 1 sim and 1 cat. However, when the cat's icon goes grey, I just click the whistle and they reappear instantly at my home lot. Its annoying but I'm able to work around it this way I guess.

Message 87 of 437 (1,346 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So I’m having the same issue but with two cats in the city. My sim could be home in her apartment all day and the cats will both just leave, yet mine are just grayed out and it doesn’t have a specific place they are. It’s kinda like when your sim leaves for work but my cats don’t have work or will come back on their own.

Message 88 of 437 (1,277 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I just want to add that I adopted a new dog yesterday and when I try to interact with it, it disappear and then its written Null below his name. I play on PS4. And I have posted on the other post about bug 109 and the dorm from university glitching the game. The last patch/adding ECO seems to have broken the game on many level and it's super irritating since I started playing this game 1 month ago and bought many DLC. This game is super expensive to be able to enjoy it fully and I really hope EA will deal with thoses glitchs ASAP.

Message 89 of 437 (1,269 Views)

★ Apprentice

Im having the same issues. Just installed University so i don't know if it's the pack or the new update, but my pets are constantly saying null and its really annoying since I play mostly for the pets.

Message 90 of 437 (1,253 Views)