Re: [OPEN] [CD] Dog/Cat disappearing

by bioras

Original Post

Re: Dog dissapearing

★★★★★ Novice

After entering live mode in a new or saved game. Animals appear as normal for a little while. After no certain time frame or action, the pets disappear (where ever they are - even being pick up or sleeping in their bed or walking). Pet icon grays out with Call Over whistle available but inoperative. No pet interactions on objects. No missing pet notification. Does not return. Happens again if you exit and renter even without saving.

You can get pet back by traveling WITH pet to another lot and then back home only to have the pet disappear again a few moments later. And again and again.

Attempted a game repair. Still occuring.

Message 71 of 437 (1,690 Views)

★★★★ Novice

EXACTLY what happened to me. I wish I could record that, cuz it happens 100% of the time with me... I just can't play the game with pets, It's ruined my experience, cuz I've just bought the cats&dogs expansion pack ;/ . And now I see what happens: 1- my sims actions RESET (I mean, the list of actions they are supposed to do get completely clean like I'm using resetSim) after that 2- my pet gets into a hole, disappears, and 3- gets greyed out. Sometimes it's somewhere in the neighborhood, like the streets or my friend's house, and sometimes it's nowhere like it's been abducted '-'.

Message 72 of 437 (1,686 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm also having this issue. I can be interacting with the pet, when suddenly, poof, it's gone. I've tried locking the doors to everyone but my sim and this still occurs. Hovering over the greyed out portrait only shows the pet's name (where normally it also has a location) and the "Call Over" action does nothing.

I did find a workaround in that you can open up the social panel and click your pet, then "Invite to Hangout at Current Lot". That's right, the only way to get my cat back is to pick up the phone and call my cat, who apparently has a cell phone and will tell me they will be right over. Apparently, he's an independent cat who don't need no owner.

Message 73 of 437 (1,825 Views)

★★ Novice

I have hit me too.  This keeps happening to me with my cat.  It vanishes right before my eyes into thin air and I can't call it back with the whistle.  My doors are locked for cats so it shouldn't even be able to go outside.  And it is not running away as it has happened when the cat was in a happy green state.  I have a new build in the new world that came with Eco Lifestyle.  No mods at all.    

Message 74 of 437 (1,785 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I am having the same issue. Every time I go to pet my kitten, it just disappears. It's greyed out and I am unable to call it. It eventually shows up outside the lot.

Okay it just disappeared again and I didn't even touch it. That's 4 times in ten minutes of play time. Getting rid of the cat until this is hopefully fixed. Frown

Message 75 of 437 (1,761 Views)

Re: Dogs running away not from neglect

Hero
@Dyamissia I merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 76 of 437 (1,718 Views)

★★ Guide

same on XB1, the pet just vanishes and only traveling with it brought it back, also when I hover over the picture it says "null" under the pets name.

Message 77 of 437 (1,640 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Having this issue as well. Pet fox (dog) has even disappeared mid-walk while leashed. The pet will jump up and disappear off the lot, interrupting the walk without my intervention. I have discovered that going to the social tab while the pet is off the lot, you can 'call' your pet to hangout at your current lot as a way to get them home that doesn't need reloading to another lot first. Which is odd, because I don't remember being able to call your pets at all before...

Message 78 of 437 (1,589 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I also have this problem.  Must be a bug of some sort.  The pets (all of them at the same time) will vanish into thin air, in the middle of the room.  Their icon will be greyed out as if they are off the lot, and it will say which lot they are on.  They are definitely not running away.  If i travel to lot and then return home, the pets will come back, sometimes they will stay home permanently, but sometimes they will eventually disappear to another lot again.  This has happened only since the most recent patch.  Every neighbourhood, every breed.  

Message 79 of 437 (1,568 Views)

★★ Novice

I keep having this happen too! I had two dogs and they are nowhere to be found and the whistle button doesn’t work. They did not “run away”. I started a new save and now my cat in this save is gone. It never happens until this last update. 

Message 80 of 437 (1,521 Views)