Re: Dog disappearing

by YuePixie

Original Post

Re: Pets randomly travel and cannot leave through door

★★★★ Novice

That's one of the main reasons I stopped living in the apartments!! It was very hit or miss with my dogs. Like 20% of the time they could make it down the elevator and the rest of the time they wouldn't go unless I walked them. 

Message 41 of 437 (21,458 Views)

Missing Pets after Eco update

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything up through and including eco lifestyle.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get a pet
What happens when the bug occurs? When I get a pet for my household, they exist in the household for a couple of days and then disappear and their icon grays out as if they are off lot. They aren't running away and it is happening to both dogs and cats.
What do you expect to see? Pets to stay in household unless they run away or have the free spirit trait.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It started after the update on 6/03/2020

When I get a pet for my household, they exist in the household for a couple of days and then disappear and their icon grays out as if they are off lot. They aren't running away and it is happening to both dogs and cats.

Message 42 of 437 (21,457 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Hi I am having a similar issue with my puppy, it keeps vanishing from my sim's home lot. His portrait is greyed out on my household bar like he is on a different lot and when I hover over the puppy it says my pup is at different lots that I have not traveled to. One of the lots he vanishes to often is Journeys End, but it isn't the only one he goes to. I am able to bring him back by calling him to the lot then my sim has to carry the pup back upstairs into the house only for him to disappear in the middle of the living room again. Pretty frustrating, I aged up the dog prematurely hoping to fix the issue but he still keeps vanishing. At least now he can walk up the stairs on his own so it's not quite as annoying.

Message 43 of 437 (21,452 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Dog/Cat disappearing

★★★ Novice

My cats keep doing this too. I have to go to another lot then come home again for them to reappear. It's especially annoying as there are 2 kittens that need carrying up the stairs each time they need reappearing.

Message 44 of 437 (21,423 Views)

Re: sims 4 June 2020 update pet issue

★★★★ Novice

I am having an issue after the June 2020 update. My pet icon will randomly turn white and the pets will disappear off the lot. I can hover over the whistle but when I click it doesn’t do anything. It has happened in numerous lots and in apartments in various neighborhoods. If I go back to manage worlds and click back on the house the pets are back. However they will disappear again usually pretty quickly. Never had this problem until the new update. 

Message 45 of 437 (21,400 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Another aspect to this bug is I can no longer train my pet. The pet gets most of the way to acquiring a skill but then disappears before they actually get it every time.

Message 46 of 437 (21,372 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I have this issue with my kitten, adult cat, and large dog. It seems to be an issue across cats and dogs, not sure about the little rodent you can get in the my first pet pack.
Message 47 of 437 (21,343 Views)

Re: Pets going “null”

★★★ Newbie

Have they come up with a fix for that yet mine is doing the same. 

Message 48 of 437 (21,313 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is happening on all of my lots in Newcrest (not sure about other worlds). Two of my households have 4 pets each. My sim will be interacting with his pets and suddenly *POOF* all the pets are gone and greyed out. They are not wandering away...they are disappearing.

Message 49 of 437 (21,207 Views)

★ Guide

It happened with my small dog. I deleted the dog and made a cat. I locked the door so it couldn't get out. It disappeared the 2nd day of having it before my eyes. No runaway message or anything.

Message 50 of 437 (21,183 Views)