Pets going “null”

by Jenn_in_Culinary

Original Post

Re: Pets randomly travel and cannot leave through door

Hero
@RandomAlister01 There's a thread for this here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-CL-CD-Dogs-can-t-use-elevators-in-Financial-District/td...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 437 (4,533 Views)

Re: Dog in apartment

★★★★ Novice

Hi

I didn't have an option to do that on my Sims computer when it happened again. I checked yesterday when I was trying to play.  I don't think him just randomly walking away is the issue, there were times when my sim was playing with the dog or petting it in the middle of the livingroom and then my pet randomly disappears out of my Sim's hands. It's like my pet is completely off the map and it happens 2-4 times during usual sim day. 

I tried to fix the game and repair it to factory settings but it didn't help and it still happens. 

Message 32 of 437 (4,509 Views)

Re: Dog in apartment

Hero
@MissLivermorium This is a known bug.

I merged your post with the current bug report. Please click me too on the first post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 437 (4,499 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Dog/Cat disappearing

★★ Novice

This happened to me last night. I adopted a puppy after moving my sim to the new world for Eco Living, and almost immediately after the agency worker left, the puppy disappeared. The only cc I have in game right now is build/buy and clothing/cosmetic items, nothing that would affect the coding of the game. Never happened before the patch/expansion. (I'm also dealing with the off-the-grid phone bug.)

Message 34 of 437 (4,496 Views)

Pets going “null”

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Ever since the last update for the PS4 game, if I try to interact with my pets at all they disappear and their icon with grey out and say “null” when you hover over it. I don’t play with cheats or mods. If I back out or have the sim travel, the animal will be there when the sim gets back home but as soon as I try to interact with them again they disappear.

Message 35 of 437 (4,461 Views)

Pets going “null”

★★ Novice

Ever since the last update for the PS4 game, if I try to interact with my pets at all they disappear and their icon with grey out and say “null” when you hover over it. I don’t play with cheats or mods. If I back out or have the sim travel, the animal will be there when the sim gets back home but as soon as I try to interact with them again they disappear.

Message 36 of 437 (4,439 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Dog/Cat disappearing

★ Apprentice

I’m having this issue too. One thing that gets them back is clicking on them in the relationships tab and inviting them to hangout at current lot, though when trying to do it at night it says my pet is sleeping so they can’t come over! Really strange, I hope they fix it soon!

Message 37 of 437 (4,448 Views)

Re: Pets going “null”

Hero
@Jenn_in_Culinary Merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 38 of 437 (4,438 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Dog/Cat disappearing

★★ Novice

I'm having this problem with my cats too. I even adopted another one, and it also disappeared as soon as I brought it into the house. 

Message 39 of 437 (4,403 Views)

Re: sims 4 June 2020 update pet issue

★★★★ Novice

Yep!! That's pretty much my exact issue. Annoying lol.

Message 40 of 437 (4,378 Views)