Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Dog disappearing

by NickyAll98

Original Post

Re: Dog disappearing

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Normally this would make sense. But my puppy who can't climb stairs was disappearing. The only way off the lot was by climbing down the stairs. Additionally, I watched it once and it literally vanished before my eyes. It didn't walk off the lot. It was in the house and then it wasn't. 

Message 11 of 437 (4,161 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@diopter77 It doesn't go out that's the thing, it literally just vanishes, it doesn't leave the house it just disappears. The only way for me to get it back is to either travel and then travel back home or use the 'invite Sim to current lot' interaction. There's no welcome back option, like when a pet usually goes missing and you can report them missing, because as far as the game is concerned it was never missing. I'll get screenshots or a video capture next time it happens.
Message 12 of 437 (4,136 Views)

Hero
@LadyLou94 Does it matter if the dog is big or small ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 437 (4,125 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I've only had big dogs but I'll get a small one and see if it happens with them.
Message 14 of 437 (4,118 Views)

Dog in apartment

★★★★ Novice

Hello

I've got a problem with my dog in the Landgraab apartment. I've noticed that pretty often my dog just randomly disappears and his picture next to my sim looks cloudy like he is outside the property. Calling him or double clicking on his image to check his location doesn't work. I have to search for my dog in my contacts and "phone" to invite him to spend time on apartments parcel for him to come back. But still not for long because sooner or later he will disappear again. When I ask him for potty he can't leave the apartment by himself and taking him for a walk doesn't work either because then my Sim stands in T position, and my dog disappears again. It's impossible to play the game right now. 

Please help. 

Message 15 of 437 (3,959 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@LadyLou94 

My thought was maybe when the new patch crossed with the missing pet.  Welcome pup home is not a option it would be on the drop down text. Or maybe we now have super power for our sims 4 pups  Thank you 

Message 16 of 437 (4,071 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I removed the dog from my family with a cheat and then added it back in and so far so good. It's been nearly an hour and it hasn't gone missing. Will keep updated if it goes again. 

Message 17 of 437 (4,061 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah I've had this too since the patch 😶

My dogs end on random lots in the game and frequently disappear, most  when my sim goes to school. It stopped for a couple of sim days but started happening again 

Message 18 of 437 (4,056 Views)

Re: Dog in apartment

Champion (Retired)

@MissLivermorium 

It is normal for a dog to occasionally run away. You can minimize the time they are away by posting a wanted add through the computer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 19 of 437 (3,927 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue with my cat. I followed her and in the middle of the lot she would just disappear. I've even had her disappear in the middle of an interaction with my  sim.  She returns if I exit out of any loading screen. Entering and exiting cas works just like traveling. The fastest way is to just invite her to the lot from the relationship tab. 

Message 20 of 437 (4,023 Views)