Re: Pets Blackened Silhouette since update 22/1/21

by charlotteehall91

Original Post

Hero
@charlotteehall91 Did you test this without mods installed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 54 (1,857 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I did, still the same. The mods I have are just CAS backgrounds and never had this issue since yesterdays update. 

I turn mods off before the update too

Message 22 of 54 (1,853 Views)

Hero
@charlotteehall91 SO that weird background your picture has is a mod then and it's the same as this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-CD-Dog-Became-Blacked-Out-IN-CAS-After-Loading/t... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 54 (1,830 Views)

Dog Broken After Update

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Sims 4 Cats and Dogs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I downloaded a dog from my Library on the Gallery.
What happens when the bug occurs? My grey dog is black and I cannot see any details on him.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my dog being the color that he is and this pattern on his fur.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.77.131.1030

The image of my grey Pitbull is only seen after I put him on the color wheel. Otherwise, he looks like the first image.

Message 24 of 54 (1,793 Views)

Re: Dog Broken After Update

★ Guide

I too have had pets that I have created, saved, returned to later, to find them all blacked out. 2 separate households. My original saves of them are fine, but if I play with the household, then update them, and save this new version of them, they will Sometimes (but not always) be all black. Although lately I've not been able to get them to show up as anything other than all black.

One household has one dog and an adult sim. The other household has a cat, a dog, and an adult sim. All animals' fur was edited with the paint tool.

Message 25 of 54 (1,702 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Pet has missing textures and appears all black

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

My cat is doing the same thing. was fine yesterday when i made her

Message 26 of 54 (1,687 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Pet has missing textures and appears all black

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I encountered this issue last night. Not sure if it's relevant but this is a legacy style gameplay .. no gallery or CAS created sims/pets used other than the initial sim in Gen 1 (Currently Gen14) 

I used a computer to adopt a kitten  - choose a savannah kitten and it was brought to my lot by an npc.  Added the kitten to my family and it was fine until it aged from kitten to adult.  When it aged up, all textures were lost.  Going into CAS, if I use full edit mode I can take the pet back to the kitten state and the textures return, but when aged to adult or elder ALL textures including accessories, collars hats and the animal are black and untextured. I tried using the paint tool and exiting CAS  and the cat remained  unchanged. 

I removed all MODs (explaining the bald family in the images), ran a complete repair/check and reloaded a copy of the save.. only to have the same results.  A pet created in CAS appears to retain it's fur no matter what life state it is in, have not tried allowing a CAS created pet age up during game play  

Continued testing and discovered in my case, using CC for default eyes and default freckles CC were causing the textures to not map properly on pets.  Added all mods except the 2 mentioned and returned the cat to kitten once again. Aged up and retained it's savannah textured coat Standard smile 

Game Version : 1.81.72.1030

Packs 

Add-On Name Pack ID Add-On Type

Get To WorkPack.EP01Expansion Pack
Get TogetherPack.EP02Expansion Pack
City LivingPack.EP03Expansion Pack
Cats & DogsPack.EP04Expansion Pack
Holiday PackPack.FP01Free Stuff
Spa DayPack.GP02Game Pack
ParenthoodPack.GP05Game Pack
Realm of MagicPack.GP08Game Pack
Cool Kitchen StuffPack.SP03Stuff Pack
Kids Room StuffPack.SP07Stuff Pack
Backyard StuffPack.SP08Stuff Pack
Vintage Glamour StuffPack.SP09Stuff Pack
My First Pet StuffPack.SP14Stuff Pack

Edited to add line about gameplay style. 

Message 27 of 54 (1,598 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Dog Became Blacked Out IN CAS After Loading From Library

★★★ Newbie

I'm also having this problem. Here's a link to a video of it happening as well as a picture of what the dog was supposed to look like vs what it actually looks like. I'm not sure how to post the family I downloaded, but my gallery ID is Ghostly_Gorl and the family is named "Stout."

Message 28 of 54 (1,440 Views)

BUG with pets after werewolf pack

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Up to date
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just get a pet from gallery
What happens when the bug occurs? The pets I download from gallery are black, then when I go to paint mode they completely reset to before they were painted.....same bug that was occurring back in 2017. Its back now with werewolves....
What do you expect to see? To see the pets as they were painted.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. werewolf patch

The pets I download from gallery are black, then when I go to paint mode they completely reset to before they were painted.....same bug that was occurring back in 2017. Its back now with werewolves....

Message 29 of 54 (1,394 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Dog Became Blacked Out IN CAS After Loading From Library

★ Guide

I'm having this issue as well, not just in CAS, but also in live mode. I create my real life pets, so I used paint mode. I saved the household to my library then later reloaded in CAS got black pets, loaded in live mode, black pets. Using paint mode on them simply resets them to default colourings. I'm glad I didn't spend ages on this, because it would have been a waste of time.

My game is currently unmodded, I have all packs except Batuu and Werewolves; none of the kits. For me this already happened before the last patch (the werewolves one), with a household I made a year and half ago.

Odd thing is, I saved this household last week, while painted on, then reloaded it in CAS today, and the pets looked as they should. I've reloaded them after saving them to my library again, and now they're black. Could saving them a second time be the thing that triggers this?

Message 30 of 54 (1,302 Views)