Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [CD] Dog Became Blacked Out IN CAS After Loading From Librar

by TheNUBalicious

Original Post

[OPEN] [CD] [HR] Pets/Horses are black

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? PC 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them up to date including free packs (02-22-2019)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Download a painted on dog from the Sim gallery and add it into CAS in a new save by doing replace current Sim. Add an additional Sim of your own (I added a male and another dog) and save as a family to your library. Exit out of CAS without saving and start CAS again with new save option (you are not actually saving the game, only starting one and cancelling later just for Sim creation purposes). Replace the current Sim with the family you just saved by opening your library and selecting the family. The dog that was originally from the gallery may or may not be completely blacked out (burnt in appearance). I had this happen the first time I did it, and re-created it about 5 times in a row total.
What happens when the bug occurs? The dog that was originally from the gallery may or may not be completely blacked out (burnt in appearance). I had this happen the first time I did it, and re-created it about 5 times in a row total. After this I deleted the blacked out dog that was from the gallery and made a save of my Sim and my dog Sim that I was working on also within the save. I exited out of the CAS menu again and returned to reload the save I made of my Sim family without the gallery dog to play the game since I was finished creating my Sims when I had saved. When I loaded my Sims and did replace in a new save as I did before with the other dog save, my dog I had created and painted was burnt in appearance. I was horrified, I had just worked half a day working on this dog and it was blacked out. I tried replacing the family with the save again from my library and same results. I then exited to the main menu and began the process over again of new save, go to my library, replace current Sim in CAS with my Sim and my dog. Dog is still burned in appearance. I did this 3 or 4 times again hoping my dog would finally appear. The final attempt my Sim family loaded and the dog was not blacked out, so I quickly went into game and made a save. I played for quite a few hours after this and the dog has continued to appear normal in appearance in game.
What do you expect to see? Non-burnt looking animals that look different from the thumbnail pictures I got them from in the gallery and from my library.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the most recent patch UPDATE: 2/21/2019 - PC 1.50.67.1020 / Mac 1.50.67.1220

original gallery dog that was blacked outMy Sim dogMy Sim dog blacked out

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title 

Message 1 of 54 (10,010 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [CD] Dog Became Blacked Out IN CAS After Loading From Librar

Hero

@TheNUBalicious 

do you happen to remember which was the original dog you downloaded ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 54 (9,927 Views)

★ Apprentice

I do remember! I was going to use this dog instead of making my own, but then I saw it wasn't the breed I wanted to use so I decided to make my own. Then I was using it to reference where some of the spots were located to paint on mine. https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/EAF3943FC71F11E78464BF8A633AFDC0

Message 3 of 54 (9,920 Views)

Hero
Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 54 (9,915 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @TheNUBalicious 

Could you send me a private message with this file: \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Config.log ?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 5 of 54 (9,860 Views)

★ Apprentice

sent

Message 6 of 54 (9,855 Views)

EA Sims Team

@TheNUBalicious 

Thank you!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 7 of 54 (9,829 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Dog Became Blacked Out IN CAS After Loading From Library

Hero

I've added this issue back for now.

For everyone that still sees this, please give info which animal you had the issue with (name of creator, name of the household).

If it's not downloaded pet, please upload to the gallery.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 54 (9,796 Views)

SIms 4 cats/kittens are now ALWAYS black and missing textures

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them except jungle adventures
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? when this first happened i had downloaded a sphynx called dinah by blue ancolia off the gallery. i added it to my current household aged it down to a kitten and made some changes to the colour and eyes. after i saved and reloaded my game the issue occured
What happens when the bug occurs? the kittens and cats black and have missing textures.
What do you expect to see? kittens and cats with proper textures colours and furs
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

i played my game everything was fine.
i saved and closed my game and everything was fine
i loaded my game up this morning. did not add any cc or mods at all.
the kitten is black and missing texture.
i went into cas using the cheat cas.fulleditmode and tried to change the kittens breed and colour and paint on it to see if it would change and not be black. it still black. i deleted the kitten and readded a kitten not from the gallery. that kitten/cat was black. all cats/kittens are black. i removed the kitten. went into play mode saved and restarted the game. loaded up cas in a new save. all kittens/cats are black.
no matter what i do. the kittens/cats are black.

also for some reason. i cannot upload files or pictures whatsoever been trying for a while now on different posts and stuff. this site or firefox wont let me

Message 9 of 54 (9,839 Views)

Re: SIms 4 cats/kittens are now ALWAYS black and missing textures

Hero

Do you still have the link  to the cat you downloaded ? Are the kitten off-springs of the cat ? I wonder if the cat ever had the old issue and got fixed and re-uploaded.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 54 (9,818 Views)