by cccchristinaaaa

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [CD] Cat still jumps on counters after being lectured

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expect jungle adventures and my first pet
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know
What happens when the bug occurs? Cat still jumps on tables and counters even when it has learned not too
What do you expect to see? i don't know
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My cat still jumps on counters and tables, even when she has learned not too! and when i tell her to stop jumping on counters/tables, i get a notification saying  ' Maggie has learned not to jump up on counters ' But she has already learned not too, but still does it!

I pretty much get this notification everytime i tell her to stop jumping on counters/tables..

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 27 (7,270 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Cat still jumps on counters after being lectured

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 27 (7,133 Views)

★★ Guide
I am also having this problem:
Here is my save in case someone wants to look at it
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GIcC4JwE4ga9La7TaYgJD0f3thNA_w2A/view?usp=sharing
Message 3 of 27 (7,013 Views)

Hero
Does anyone still see this in their game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 27 (6,531 Views)

★★ Novice

Update:

Not sure if this will work for you but I can confirm this finally fixed the cat jumping on the counter issue. After swapping between “lecture” and “scold” about jumping on counters a literal 20-50 times, I eventually got the music and notification that my cat had learned not to jump on the counters. Lo, and behold however, my cat was back on the counter within seconds.
It was at this point that I evicted my household and then moved them back into the house - if you move back in “furnished”, you essentially just return to your home. When the cat started jumping on the counters again, I repeated my “lecture”/“scold” routine and got the successful training message again after about 15 attempts. But this time... IT ACTUALLY WORKED. The cat now goes over to the places it usually would jump to and looks up at them but doesn’t follow through with it anymore.
Best of luck!

Details: my cat’s characteristics are glutton, fluffy, and clever.

Message 5 of 27 (5,904 Views)

★★ Novice

(In case you don’t see this at the bottom of the thread)

Not sure if this will work for you but I can confirm this finally fixed the cat jumping on the counter issue. After swapping between “lecture” and “scold” about jumping on counters a literal 20-50 times, I eventually got the music and notification that my cat had learned not to jump on the counters. Lo, and behold however, my cat was back on the counter within seconds.
It was at this point that I evicted my household and then moved them back into the house - if you move back in “furnished”, you essentially just return to your home. When the cat started jumping on the counters again, I repeated my “lecture”/“scold” routine and got the successful training message again after about 15 attempts. But this time... IT ACTUALLY WORKED. The cat now goes over to the places it usually would jump to and looks up at them but doesn’t follow through with it anymore.
Best of luck!

Details: my cat’s characteristics are glutton, fluffy, and clever.

Message 6 of 27 (5,902 Views)

Cat sitting on kitchen side

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Cats sitting on the kitchen counter! This frustrates me to no end, I keep telling it no and it still does it. I don’t feel like the sims 4 pets training wise is very good, I never played sims 3 more sims 1 & 2 that I did play and I feel like I had better training on there behaviour in those games that this one. Is there a fix to stop them from jumping on the counter? I love cats, I have two myself but sitting on the kitchen counter is a big no no!

Message 7 of 27 (5,561 Views)

Re: Cat sitting on kitchen side

Hero (Retired)

@katymcookson I've merged your post into the current bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.

Message 8 of 27 (5,551 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

For anyone still experiencing this issue, could you possibly share your save file with me? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 9 of 27 (5,464 Views)

Cat won't stop jumping on counters

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage Living, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Seasons, Get to Work, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Parenthood, Spa Day, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, My First Pet, Laundry Day, Toddler and Bust the Dust
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When you teach your cat to stop jumping on the counters, the message will come up saying they now know not to do it but they still do it. My cat knew not to jump on counters before cottage living and didn't but now, he constantly does it. Whatever I teach him he forgets.
What happens when the bug occurs? Never-ending cycle of the cat jumping on counters and you lecturing them not to.
What do you expect to see? Cat stops jumping on counters once taught.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This only occurred once I installed cottage living, the new patch update for it. Not sure whether it is due to the patch update or the new pack, as I didn't play the game between the patch coming out and the pack coming out.

Even though my cat has learnt not to jump on counters he still does it.

20210730_101827.jpg

Message 10 of 27 (5,199 Views)