by ceb6973

Original Post

[OPEN] [CD] Cant Fill Needs at Vet Appointments

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to the vet with low needs, make an appointment for your pet to be seen by the vet, try to fill any one of your needs. It won't fill until the appointment is over.
What happens when the bug occurs? Once your sim makes an appointment for their pet, their needs cannot be filled. For example. my sim needed to pee when he took his sick dog to the vet. SO, he made an appointment and figured he could go pee while waiting for the vet (since the wait is always so long...). So, he checked in at the kiosk and headed right into the bathroom. And he sat there. For hours. Like he was constipated. His bladder need simply wouldn't fulfill. So I changed to a new toilet, but that didn't help. Then I planted an anything goes bush outside and sent him to pee. That seemed to work, so I thought toilets were the issues (as in Sims can only pee in bushes like their pets when at the vet!). But that seemed to weird, so I did more testing. The next trip to the vet, I headed right for the bush after booking the appointment, but he refused to pee in there this time either, so I planted a new bush. That didn't help. It was then that I figured out that the issue was that his bladder need wouldn't fill because the appointment was active. Because he was still in the bush trying to pee when the vet finally saw my pet. The second I selected a treatment option his bladder need began to fill. So of course I did more testing. This was the case every time. THEN I decided to check other needs. I took a sleepy sim to the vet with their pet, booked an appointment and took a nap. The energy need wouldn't fill while waiting either! SO, I'm surmising that NO NEEDS can fill while the vet appointment is active (meaning that nothing you do to fill needs between the moment you set the appointment to the moment you select treatment will work, you sim will just freeze in the attempt to do the need-filling action until the appointment is over). I'm in the process of testing other needs (like eating fruit while waiting, fun, etc.), but I thought I'd notify you guys while I'm in the process of testing in case other people have noticed this same issue.
What do you expect to see? I'd expect my sims to pee while they're sitting on the toilet, have their bladder relieved in the process and get off the pot when they're done, rather than sitting there for the entire appointment and only peeing when it's over! (The same with napping...)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

edit to remove forum glitch

Message 1 of 9 (1,684 Views)

Re: Cant Fill Needs at Vet Appointments

★★★★★ Apprentice

Not sure why it double posted like this... I wonder if it's because I thought I submitted this post last week, but for some reason it didn't post properly at that time?!?

Message 2 of 9 (1,644 Views)

Hero

If you don't fill out the anything in the comment box, you shouldn't be able to post but you somehow could but that glitched out the post. Edited to fixed. Always put something in the comment box.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 9 (1,622 Views)

Hero

Duplicated and added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (1,593 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks! I wonder how many others have encountered this issue...

Message 5 of 9 (1,579 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Posting a link to my save file in OneDrive in case EA wants/needs to test out this issue!

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aub2vVg_AqSEc7oZB_hAYJlu354

Message 6 of 9 (1,554 Views)

★★★★ Guide
I've had it. Taught me not to queue up a restroom break during an appointment. (gotta hold it, sim! lol) This happened on a Sims influencer's playthrough recently.as well, so there's video evidence on YT). (Jenn / xUrbanSimsx Wolf Pack let's play)
Message 7 of 9 (1,512 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Cant Fill Needs at Vet Appointments

★ Guide

I'm also having this in my game.

Message 8 of 9 (1,321 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Cant Fill Needs at Vet Appointments

★★★ Novice

Having the exact issue. But only with ea builds. If I make my own vet it works. 

Message 9 of 9 (991 Views)